1. Sleepy cuddles with Ottilie first thing in the morning, when she wanders into our room at sunrise and climbs into our bed. She often falls back asleep tucked under my arm just like she used to when she was a baby, and it melts my heart.
2. When the ice lolly I eat each evening after dinner as ritual does its job and gets rid of my heartburn. Magic, and it tastes a whole lot better than Gaviscon too!
3. Homegrown beetroots! I’ve never been the biggest fan of beetroot, having only ever tried the limp, vinegary, pre-cooked supermarket variety, but freshly picked and then roasted in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and honey? They’re incredible! I’ve just sown a whole new tray of seeds to see us into the autumn months…
4. Endless discussions about baby names with Jason. It’s making me so, so excited to meet this little one in my tummy and find out whether it’s a boy or a girl!
5. This glorious, endlessly hot summer we’re having. I’m enjoying every minute of it!
6. Seeing baby cucumbers forming on the plants in my greenhouse. I’m beyond excited to taste the very first one!
7. Having my sister come down and stay with us this weekend just gone, and seeing how much Ottilie outright adores her! ‘Auntie Chessa’ is her new best friend, don’t you know <3
8. Working outside in the garden with Jason in the evenings. He’s usually (read: always) there under orders, creating new beds for me or helping water whilst I plant out or weed or sow seeds, but it’s just so lovely having some quality time together outside in the balmy evening air. I love it so, so much!
9. The sweet, orangey-red apricots I’ve been buying from the farm shop non-stop, that are so juicy and delicious Ottilie’s been demanding them one right after another!
10. And finally, writing this blog post sat up in bed, with an empty plate just next to me that once was filled with a stack of toast and homemade jam, and the sunlight streaming through the curtains. Bliss.