1. Homemade (and homegrown…) Bombay potatoes. Easily the tastiest meal I’ve cooked in weeks! 100% worth the horrific heartburn they gave me…
2. Ottie’s non-stop renditions of ‘Baa Baa Black Sheep’, or as she likes to call it, ‘Pink Black Sheep’! It’s the cutest thing and makes me laugh every time!
3. Bright sunlight streaming into a clean, tidy living room. It generally lasts for all of about 3 minutes before Ottilie’s tipped out every toy she owns from her toy baskets, but still!
4. Eating freshly picked strawberries that are still warm from the sunshine, and taste sweeter than any you could ever find in the supermarket. Absolute joy.
5. Erm…would you judge me if I said Love Island? Because Jason and I are hooked!! I just love how it’s a break from the heavy, tense TV shows we usually watch (like The Handmaid’s Tale, Homeland, Marcella…) and is total and utter escapism. Team Laura, am I right?!
6. Tomato plants laden with dozens and dozens of little green fruits in the greenhouse. Hurry up and ripen, please!
7. Drinking coffee from a brand new mug. Why is it the most satisfying thing?
8. Putting on music, and hearing Ottilie shout ‘let’s dance!’ before breaking out some of her finest moves! <3 I must try and video it next time she does it…
9. The smell of strawberry jam bubbling away on the hob. Our kitchen smelt like heaven for hours afterwards!
10. And last but not least, this week of beautiful weather! Isn’t it gorgeous? I feel like we’re on holiday! Though I might actually be sick of BBQs already, and it’s only June…
What’s made you happy last week?