I don’t know about you, but all the signs we’ve had this week of Spring being maybe, hopefully just around the corner, have made me very happy indeed! I felt *actual* warmth in the sun that was shining one afternoon this week, and it was true heaven. I mean, we’re back to the pond being frozen over now, and the dogs slip and slide on the icey deck as they run outside each morning, but still! I’m feeling happy, and positive. Here’s what else has made this week a lovely one!
1. Ripe tomatoes with cheese on toast, mixed into pasta, smashed between two halves of a toasted bagel- pretty much any old way! I can’t get enough.
2. The crate of oranges we bought on a trip to my favourite place ever (CostCo, of course) last weekend. They’re hand on heart the BEST I’ve ever eaten, and taste like pure summer.
3. The little spotty-nosed puppy who helped herself to an entire bag of treats whilst on the way into work with Jason the other morning, after he’d left the bag in the pocket of his coat that was with her in the boot. He called me asking why I’d given the dogs so many treats when I’d had them both the previous day, and it was only when I denied having given them any at all we realised Elsie had decided to ‘reward her own good behaviour’ a hundred times over during the drive into work! She’s naughty, and it makes me laugh.
4. Hot cross buns! I always forget how great they are, but make it my mission to eat as many as possible around this time of year. So delicious toasted and slathered with butter!
5. FINALLY watching Downton Abbey! It’s totally amazing, isn’t it? Though I’m totally not over some of the deaths in the show…sob!
6. Jam jars filled with daffodils, all over the house.
7. Pancake day. Because pancakes for dinner is always going to make for a happy Tuesday!
8. Seeing snowdrops popping up through hard, frosty soil.
9. Watching Teddy grow to love Elsie. It’s so sweet seeing him tolerate it when she jumps all over him, and pinches his toys, and to see him even allow her to sleep alongside him at times too. They’re going to be best friends in no time, I know it!
10. Wearing through my favourite pair of jeans. I mean, it’s sad they’re finished, but I kind of like that I’ve loved them to death and worn them right through to the bitter end, you know?
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: This recipe for goats cheese garlic butter (sounds insanely delicious, doesn’t it?!) || Kate’s post about her favourite candles (The White Co forever!) || and the current US prison series on HONY. It’s amazing.
I hope you’ve had a happy week! :)