T H E H A P P Y L I S T.
If you don’t hear from us over the weekend, that’s because Sam sent over our wedding photos last night, and so I fully intend to spend the next 72 hours looking through them on repeat until I’ve burnt all 750 of them into my brain. That’s a legitimate way to spend three days, right? I mean, I might do a little baking too. Maybe try and catch up with family, and, let’s face it, shopping is probably going to happen as well. But really? It’s all about watching the wedding photo slideshow (set to Mumford + Sons music, be still my heart) back, and trying not to smudge my mascara. But first, let’s get to this week’s happy things!
1. Breakfasts of those magical banana+egg+oat pancakes, with fresh berry compote! It tastes so indulgent, but really is as healthy as you’d like. And how often does that combination come about?!
2. Essie ‘Ballet Slippers’ on my nails. Even if I did manage to chip it less that 24 hours after my DIY manicure…
3. The joy of changing into warm, dry clothes after getting soaked to the skin on a midweek dog walk. (I managed to head out right as a thunderstorm broke, and got so thoroughly drenched the rain was running down inside my wellies and soaking my socks. NOT fun.)
4. Falafels. I don’t know why, but I can’t get enough of the things lately. And hummus too, so maybe it’s a chickpea thing?
5. Being down by the sea last Friday. There’s something so restoring about sea air, isn’t there?
6. Reading Birdsong with Jason. And why yes I AM forcing him all my favourite novels on him by choosing them as our ‘read together’ books, why do you ask? ;)
7. Blackberrying! Though it is the true sign of autumn being on its way, and I’m not so sure if I’m ready to say goodbye to summer yet…
8. Drinking some of the wine we had leftover from the wedding with family last weekend. I couldn’t really taste anything at the wedding itself, so am making up for lost time now! ;)
9. Getting back to a regular routine of workout classes. I’ve missed the ache!
10. Remembring to do actual adult stuff, like book my car in for an MOT test and having meetings with the bank and paying tax bills and whatnot. I mean, DULL, but oh so satisfying, right?
What’s made you happy this week? :)