Happy Easter weekend! I hope you have a weekend of loveliness ahead of you? Jason and I will be divvying up our time between family gatherings, DIYing (Jason’s in the midst of a new project…) video editing, and, you know, just eating chocolate and stuff. I’ll also be partaking in one of the Easter egg hunts Jason’s put together for me every year since we got together, complete with the sort of cryptic clues that never fail to baffle my brain. It’s the dumbest tradition and totally childish, but I love it anyway! This week’s been a pretty productive one, as weeks leading up to Bank Holidays go. ‘Wedmin’ that’s been lingering over us for weeks has finally been completed, and it feels so GOOD! Here’s to a happy long weekend, and here’s what’s made this week a lovely one…
1. Three words: Easter. Egg. Chocolate. We’ve got so much in the house, and I’ve been picking away at it most evenings. And some mornings, too…
2. Taking passport photos (terrifying!) and having them come out marginally less hideous than my old one. At least that’s something…
3. A day spent with family at my Mum’s last weekend. We had an Easter egg hunt that got louder and more competitive than you’d imagine a group of 20-something year olds would get searching for tiny chocolate in bookshelves and venetian blinds and plant pots! What can I say- it brought out our inner children!
4. Having Jason home all week! He’s taken a week’s holiday from work and even though he’s been building a deck in our back garden and I’ve been busy all week, it’s been lovely being so nearby one another all week long!
5. Roasted red pepper hummus. Hummus 2.0.
6. Burgers twice in one week. We made the best ones at home on Thursday evening- brioche buns from Sainsbury’s are the BOMB!
7. A 6.30am cup of coffee, made and brought to me by Jason. So needed, so much appreciated.
8. Fort-making, watercolour-painting, and felt tip pen-ing whilst looking after Ruby on Thursday morning! We had the best time :)
9. Sitting out by the pond with tea in the afternoons. I always forget what a simple pleasure it is during winter.
10. *Having* to taste test a whole load of wine and champagne so we can decide what to serve at the wedding. ;) Jason’s brother Russell and his girlfriend Clare came round yesterday evening for a wine & cheese night, and it was completely fantastic. And, wines have been selected!
What’s made you most happy this week? :)