I feel like this week’s been one of those ‘just hang on in there!’ kind of weeks, what with Monday being ‘blue Monday’ and the freezing cold and the dark mornings and the darker evenings. I’m beginning to feel impatient for spring to arrive…just like at the end of summer I was impatient for autumn, and then at the end of autumn I was impatient for winter! ;) I mean, the frost is beautiful and all, but I am getting kind of tired of needing to wear three pairs of socks at once! We don’t actually have a single thing planned for this weekend, though I’m sure the days will fill up in the way they inevitably do. This afternoon I’m heading to Weybridge for a dress fitting (and maybe to pick out wedding shoes and a veil too) and then am meeting my friend for a little hot chocolate and shopping date later on this evening. And now, it’s time to go walk that spaniel! Here’s what’s made this week a lovely one…
1. Managing to get my layering juuuust right for a trip to London on Thursday. Not so many I was roasting on the tube, and not so few I wanted to cry every time the wind blew. Isn’t that the stuff dreams are made of? ;)
2. Watching the Vogue 73 question interviews. They’re kind of awkward, but I love them anyway. (SJP is the best).
3. Starting the day with natural yoghurt, granola, and fresh raspberries. Oh, and pomegranate seeds too.
4. Crabtree & Evelyn ‘La Source’ handcream. The stuff works wonders, I tell you!
5. Spinach! Chopped, wilted, creamed- I’ve eaten the best part of a 450 gram bag this week, and will be turning into PopEye any day now.
6. Watching the pond freeze over and thaw, freeze over and thaw. The patterns in the ice are too beautiful.
7. Shopping in the men’s department of H&M. Anyone else find shopping for their other half way more fun than shopping for themselves? (p.s. Our WhatsApp conversation currently is a whole lot of ‘what do you think of this shirt?’ plus photos, followed by either a ‘meh’ or a ‘yeh’ ;)
8. A sparkly dark blue manicure that lasted almost five whole days without chipping! Unheard of!
9. Listening to the songs of my teenage years, thanks to Spotify! Every Avenue circa 2008, anyone?
10. Starting to learn how to meditate! I’ve always hated the lying-on-the-floor ‘relaxation’ time at the end of my Pilates and Body Balance classes, so decided to do a bit of reading up about how to meditate and try that during the relaxation part of class instead. I’ve only done it a couple of time so far, but it feels pretty lovely! I’ll let you know if and when I become totally zen and a master-meditator, okay? ;)
What’s made you happy this week? :)