I don’t know about you, but I’ve been hanging out for this Friday. Like full on counting down the days until I can crash out on the sofa with the biggest mug of hot chocolate I can lay hands on, wearing all my comfiest clothes and eating from a very large bowl of homemade salted butter popcorn. Candles will be burning, and Netflix will be on. I’m envisaging it to be the very essence of winter indulgence ;) This weekend we’re planning to spend a whole lot of time relaxing at home (and also cleaning and tidying, because everything domestic’s fallen distinctly by the wayside this week and the house is looking pretty sorry for itself) and might pop out for a bite to eat on Sunday morning. I hope you’ve got a lovely weekend ahead of you, however you’re planning to spend it! Here’s a little round up of made me most happy this week…
1. A certain caramel topped brownie and amazingly rich hot chocolate.
2. Having Jason as my own personal pharmacist whenever I’m ill. He calls me during the day to remind me it’s time to have a lemsip, because he knows I’ll forget or try and go without. That man missed his calling in life, I swear!
3. Duvet-on-the-sofa time. And the little dog who slept down by my side next to the sofa all day long.
4. Listening to ‘Feel’ by Bombay Bicycle Club on repeat. It’s just SO good!
5. Making plans for Christmas! Though I still have done absolutely zero shopping, and the panic is setting in. This weekend I promise I’ll get cracking! (maybe).
6. Trips to London! I walked past Tiffany’s on New Bond Street on Tuesday, and it looked so beautiful all done up with twinkly lights and Christmas wreaths, it did my heart good. Even though I’m 100% certain it was Underground germs that got me ill and being up and down from London lately has been pretty exhausting, I still can’t do without frequent trips into town.
7. Watching the last of the leaves turn colours and fall.
8. Finding unexpected credit on my Über account. Fist bump for that.
9. Planning our Boxing Day Christmas jumper party! I’ve officially put myself in charge of getting all the ugly jumpers…;)
10. Dinner with the sweet folks at The White Company on Thursday evening! It’s always so fascinating learning what goes on behind the scenes of a brand, and to talk lots about the blogging industry with fellow bloggers. Also, pear and apple crumble!
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Helen’s sweet post about the comfiest looking slippers || Soph’s beautifully honest post about her fears and worries (I related to this SO much!) || & Joanna’s fun fact about cheese!
What’s on your ‘happy list’, for this week?
p.s. Photo taken from a visit to French Sole’s press day on Tuesday. Aren’t those woven leather nude flats on the far right to die for?