That there is a photo of our dog being super well behaved in a pub! For the first year of Teddy’s life, Jason and I always used to feel secretly envious of people who could take their dogs with them to pubs and cafes and restaurants. We just couldn’t ever imagine there being a day when our hyper spaniel would be calm enough for us to actually relax if we brought him with us anywhere! But he’s settled down so much over the past few months that when we brought him with us to the pub on Wednesday, after a quick wander round our table looking for forgotten scraps of food, he actually lay down and fell asleep whilst we ate! And we felt so very smug the whole time!
We’ve had a really, really lovely week. Jason’s birthday was so much fun (as was taking a midweek holiday day!), the autumnal weather is food for my soul, I got to do an extra Body Balance class, and we’ve eaten two different types of cake. TWO! Here’s what else has made this week a lovely one…
1. Watching the steam spiralling from the top of a cup of tea, whilst listening to the rain outside.
2. Knowing ALL the words to T Swift’s Shake It Off. I never ever know the lyrics to songs, so this is quite an achievement for me! ;)
3. Playing board games with Jason’s family on Wednesday evening. I suck at board games, but it was still so much fun!
4. Fresh coffee in the mornings.
5. Burning Anthropologie’s Double Latte candle. It smells SO good!
6. Looking out of the window in front of my desk and seeing all the leaves turning colours outside.
7. Piling on layers during the daytime. There’s something about having three cardigans and a jumper on all at once that just makes me so very happy ;)
8. New red tartan cushions for the living room sofa!
9. A truly delicious fig, prosciutto, goat’s cheese + walnut salad.
10. Breakfast in bed for Jason’s birthday on Wednesday morning! I did offer to make Jase pancakes, but since he’s on a health kick at the moment he opted for granola with yoghurt instead. I really just wanted to put a birthday candle on top of a pancake stack, so made do with poking one into the middle of a bowl of raspberries instead ;)
Three posts that’ve made me happy this week :: Jaclyn’s recommendations for 5 Instagram accounts to get lost in || these beautiful apple picking photos from M loves M || Molly’s red velvet ‘cakies’ recipe. Uhmazing!
Tell me, what’s made *you* happy this week? :)