This week can be summarised by the following two words: SPIDERS. EVERYWHERE. I thought autumn was supposed to be the time at which they all head for the nearest open window and get comfy in our spare bedrooms, not in the height of summer? I’m finding the horrid things everywhere in our house these days, and it’s giving me the heeby jeebies. I even found a teeny tiny money spider on the tip of my nose yesterday, when I was at my friend’s house. I don’t know what’s up. Tell me it’s not just my house? This week’s been a good one, aside from my spider phobia being triggered 24/7. This weekend we’re planning to have a BBQ (again, we’re becoming those annoying people who have one every weekend…) this time with my Mum and Godparents, and also celebrate Jason’s brother Joe’s birthday on Saturday- his first since he became a Dad to baby Eddie! We’re looking forward to it! In the meantime, here’s a little list of what’s made me most happy this week…
1. The relief of spotting the fourth little duckling scoot on over to join its Ma and brothers and sisters, after we’ve had a mini panic that it’s been stolen by one of the neighbourhood cats! We scared off a fox from getting too close to them all the other night, too. It’s a tough ol’ job you know, being Protectors Of The Ducklings! ;)
2. The chocolate peanut butter fudge bite I sampled at Selfridges on Wednesday. It was one of those mouthfuls of food where you think, whilst eating it, ‘I don’t want this to be over yet’. Oh boy. Seriously amazing!
3. Wednesday evening in London. I took a cab over the river from the Houses of Parliament at sunset, and it was just beautiful.
4. Freckles on the backs of my hands. They’re the sign that it really is summer!
5. Golden hour sunlight. I miss it so much in winter, so am savouring every drop we’re getting right now!
6. Emily’s Fruit Crisps! I’ve been sampling them all this week, and they’re really really delicious! Perfect summer snacking.
7. The brief, two minute breakfast Jason and I ate together whilst perched on the edge of our bed yesterday morning. I brought up bowls of yoghurt + fruit + granola, and we ate them quickly together before getting on with our morning routines. It was a nice pause, in an otherwise hectic week.
8. Lunches of thickly sliced vine tomatoes on rye bread, with plenty of salt and basil. So tasty, I start thinking about eating it at around 11am ;)
9. Feeling of confidence, and empowerment.
10. Using my married initials for the first time! I had a little keychain monogrammed at an event this week, and decided to have my married initials put on it instead of my current ones. Cheeky really, but it made me so excited!
What’s made you happy this week? :)