Oh, this week. The muggy weather’s really done a number on me! I’ve been like a sloth for about five days now. All head-foggy and unmotivated and drained. Angie on Twitter said that apparently muggy weather drains oxygen from the atmosphere, which is what causes us to feel lethargic when the weather’s that way. Who knew?! This week has been a tiring one though, aside from weather-induced lethargy. Jason’s been having to work double time at work so I’ve had Teddy every day this week, which has meant a LOT of walking and tired legs. Enough with the complaining though! That’s not what these posts are about! There’s also been a load of lovely things about this week, and here’s a little list of a few of them…
1. Eating tomatoes whole like apples, sprinkled with a little flakey sea salt between each bite. My favourite.
2. Espresso, drunk strong with just a little sugar right after breakfast.
3. Getting stronger. For the first time ever in my whole life I can do full press-ups, not just half ones!
4. Monday’s walk round the lake in the sunshine, followed by a little paddle in the water. I’d forgotten how much I love dipping my feet in the lake during spring and summer. It’s the most refreshing way to end a walk.
5. Knitting in the evenings. It’s so peaceful and stops me being glued to my phone, which is never a bad thing.
6. Thursday’s lunchtime thunder storm. (And the fact that we made it in from our morning walk just as the heavy rain started. Nothing makes me happier than missing the rain!)
7. Watching the baby robins flutter around our garden, looking so silly with their tufts of baby feather sticking up all over the place. They really are the cutest.
8. The smell of suntan lotion on my skin.
9. Getting into a bed made up with fresh bedlinen.
10. The potato wedges Jason made for dinner the night before last. He has absolutely zero interest in cooking, but my goodness can that man work magic with a potato. Honestly, I’ve never tasted better. He’s got crazy skills, I tell you.
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Lisette’s lovely granola recipe || Sydney’s beautiful words about preparing her boy to go from being ‘only’ to ‘oldest’ || and Joy’s launch of her new book! (Don’t those waffle sandwiches look to *die* for?)
What’s made you happy this week? :)