So this week’s been all about the waiting. And I suck at waiting, so it’s not been the greatest. Our lovely new carpets couldn’t go down on Tuesday, since the wife of Jason’s friend (the friend who was due to fit the carpets) went into labour on Monday evening! I’d had a funny feeling it might happen, so wasn’t totally surprised when Jason called to tell me. It’s not the biggest deal in the world, and just means waiting a few days longer for the new carpet to go down, but I’ll admit I had kind of a major sense of humour failure about it. And now I’m over it, and ashamed to have been so moody and intolerable. But hey! We’ve lasted three years with these hideous pink monstrosities under our feet- what’s another few days, right? Here are a few of the things that’ve helped break me out of my funk this past week…
1. Performing a one-woman rendition of Beyonce’s ‘Run the World’ in the middle of the woods on Wednesday morning. Complete with stompy dance routine. Basically the best, most uplifting thing I’ve done all week. Or maybe ever. Try it!
2. Walking right to the top of the big hill near our house, and being high enough up to watch the cloud-shadows moving across the land.
3. Finishing a cup of tea just seconds before it got too cold to enjoy.
4. Experiencing golden hour light for the first time in months. It didn’t quite last a full hour, but it *did* happen, and it was beautiful.
5. The long, wild stems of ranunculus I treated myself to on Wednesday.
6. Being able to go out walking without a coat this week. I don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to warmer weather as much as I have this year.
7. The beautiful grey paint Jason mixed up (using the grey we bought and hated, and a cool stone colour we already owned) and painted on our bedroom walls. It’s just perfect.
8. Anticipating today’s lunch date with Jason. I’m going to go meet him at work, and he’s taking me out to the new Five Guys in Guildford. I’m so excited!
9. Learning how to style my fringe properly, after months of being totally rubbish at it. Huge round hairbrush + tapered hairdryer nozzle = happy bouncy fringe. Who knew?
10. Baking four-ingredient Nutella brownies, from A Cup of Jo. I’ve been on a major chocolate kick lately, and these are just the thing to satisfy a chocolate craving in a pinch.
Four posts I’ve enjoyed reading this week: This burrito bowl recipe, from Dinner: A Love Story. Excited to try the recipe this week! // Carin’s round up of the best eats in NYC // Jessica’s collection of the most darling peach tones.
What’s made you happy this week? :)