1. The two huge bags of clementines I bought on Thursday morning, now sitting bright & festive in a bowl on our dining table.
2. Having a tidy wardrobe! The laundry basket is all but empty, piles of clean laundry have all been put away, and I’ve had a good sort out of my least worn items to sell. Does my heart good to see my clothes organised oh so neatly.
3. Watching the pond dancing under a barrage of hailstones.
4. The last little stretch of each morning dog walk, when I know I’m only minutes away from being able to head home for a cup of tea and to thaw by the radiator.
5. The sight of Jason walking down the path towards our house in the evenings. I’m always so glad to see him, and like to think we make a homely sight, with our kitchen all lit up, dinner cooking, and Teddy and I waiting at the door to greet him :)
6. The grey wool blanket in our living room that really comes into its own at this time of year.
7. The smell of our winter gloves! I keep in them in the same drawer I keep our spare candles in, so our gloves smell of pomegranate, spiced apple, cinnamon, and berries. Amazing!
8. Buying advent calendars! Yay! Yay! I’m so hyped.
9. The cup of tea that Jason makes for me each evening after dinner. He makes the *best* tea, even though he hates it and wouldn’t drink a cup if you paid him.
10. Watching the pond freeze over in the evenings. It never really feels like winter until it’s cold enough that the pond stays frozen right through the day, but I reckon we’re another couple of weeks off that…
My gosh, aren’t you so glad it’s Friday? I’ve got that Friday feeling in a big way right now! Someone pass me a Crunchie! I’m heading off to a Winter fair in Kent with my Ma tomorrow, where we’ll be drinking something mulled (wine, cider, apple juice, I’m not fussed) and will be getting started on our Christmas shopping. How on Earth is it time for Christmas shopping again already? Before you know it, we’ll be saying happy new year again!
Happy weekend everyone!