Image credit: Found via Pinterest, original source unknown. If you know the original source of this image or own rights to it, please drop me an email and I’ll credit/remove as appropriate.
1. A trip to London on Wednesday evening. The journey wasn’t the best (train was rammed with people coming home from Royal Ascot, so I stood shoulder to shoulder with men in top hats the entire way) and the weather was off the charts humid, but there’s something special about that city that beats all the rubbish stuff hands down. I want to start going up there more frequently, because month long stints between trips is just too long.
2. Fish tacos, made from this recipe. Delicious!
3. Watching Ted dunk his face over and over again in a bowl of water in the garden. He likes to blow bubbles from his nose under the water. I’m telling you, he’s a fish…
4. Keeping a tidy house. I’ve been trying so hard recently to be tidier (I am seriously so messy, it looks like a bomb’s gone off in every room I’ve been in) and it really is so nice to not live with horrendous clutter all the time. I even tidied up the tea towel cupboard, and though it’s probably the nerdiest thing to admit, it’s made me mega happy!
5. Painting my nails. I tried to give them a rest this week, but then Essie Fiji broke my resolve.
6. Jason’s thoughtfulness. Sometimes I marvel at how truly thoughtful and considerate he is. Way more than I am. I’m learning from him.
7. Popping into university to collect essay papers, and knowing I never have to do another class there again. It’s a good feeling :)
8. Reading Jessica’s beautiful blog. I want to live in her food-world.
9. Jason wearing his stubble longer these days. I’ve finally convinced him to keep it longer, and so my life is pretty much now complete! ;)
10. Making plans to see my cousins in a couple of week’s time! We’re going to be bbq-ing, drinking lots of Pimms, and I’ll trying out hairstyles on Emily for her wedding! It’ll basically be a re-run of the weekend we had a month or so ago, and I’m mega excited! :)
What’s made you happy this week?