Ten happy things…plus a few photos of my beautiful little girl enjoying the sunshine last week <3
1. RAIN! I don’t think I’ve ever been so overjoyed by cool, showery summer days before, but after weeks of sweltering heat, it’s just bliss isn’t it? And I’ve tried so hard not to be a moany pregnant woman…but my GOD it’s so much more exhausting hefting around a bump in the heat!!
2. Coffee and bookshop trips with Ottilie <3 She requests a strawberry milkshake every time we go, and we sit together and colour or do stickers and it’s basically the best. I couldn’t love her more.
3. My new diffuser, which is basically my new BFF! I bought it to use for my home birth (fingers crossed!), but it’s so amazing I literally have it on non stop. A combination of ylang ylang and bergamot oils is my current favourite.
4. Starting to pack my birth bag. It’s all beginning to feel so, so real! We’ve also started our hypnobirthing course with the Positive Birth Company this week, and it’s absolutely amazing! It’s giving me such a positive, content feeling about approaching the birth of this baby, and is a lovely way to spend an hour in the evenings with Jason too. I’m recommending it to everyone already!
5. Picking homegrown cucumbers. There are so many on the plants now, and surprisingly the outdoor ones are doing better than the ones in the greenhouse!
6. Courgette fritters, all day long! They’re 100% my favourite thing to eat for dinner right now, and I’ve just cooked up a double batch to fill the freezer with. And with our current courgette harvest rate, I’ll be making a fair few more batches before the summer is over…
7. Heading to bed early in the evenings and reading the book everyone’s talking about right now, ‘This Is Going to hurt’ by Adam Kay! It’s an honest account of the life of a Junior Doctor, and I’ve finished it in record time. The end hit me like a train, but I also laughed more times than I could count whilst reading it. 100% recommend!
8. Taking Ottie to London on the train a couple of weekends, and how much it blew her mind! She’s obsessed with trains and so was in her element the whole journey there and back- we’re taking her to the London Transport Museum for her birthday at the beginning of next month, and I think she’s going to love it!
9. The cleaning product aisle in Waitrose, obsessing over the scents of different fabric softeners, sight of freshly vacuumed carpets…because in case you couldn’t guess, I’m nesting like a lunatic and this is apparently what makes me happy these days!
10. The sweet, ripe greengages I found at the farm shop earlier in the week! They were sickeningly expensive, but worth every delicious penny!
What’s made you happy this week? :)