I’m *so* ready for this weekend. We’ve got nothing in the diary, and plan to spend most of the time pottering. Which, as you’ll know, is pretty high on my imaginary list of favourite pastimes! I’m keeping my fingers crossed we have lovely weather, and that Jason and I can head out with the dogs on Sunday morning in bright, crisp sunshine, with a flask of coffee each to boot. Here’s to a happy weekend! And here’s what’s made me happy this week…
1. Jason’s Mum’s famously amazing sticky toffee pudding- dessert after last Sunday’s family dinner. I’ve been thinking about it non-stop all week.
2. Walking Teddy and Elsie along the river in Guildford this afternoon, and seeing so many signs of spring all over the place! Blossom and daffodils everywhere, and so many birds out and about. Oh, and I stole Jason’s gilet to wear whilst I was out, and it’s the cosiest thing ever. It was the nicest walk! Though we did also see a dead heron that the dogs were *obsessed* with, which wasn’t so happy making (pretty gross, to be honest…)
3. Two fun days of filming work this week, with a company called Kalm Kitchen. It was so great to work on something totally different!
4. Spending an evening with Jason babysitting our 2 month old niece! She’s the cutest, and it was so fun playing at being parents for the evening!
5. The vase of brightly coloured tulips currently sitting on our coffee table, brightening up the whole living room.
6. The prospect of mushroom carbonara for dinner this evening. I’m already excited…
7. Embryolisse ‘lait-creme’ moisturiser! I had a sample in a Birchbox a couple of months ago, but only just got round to trying it…and it’s the bomb! I’ve already gone out and bought a full size version…
8. Reading Countrylife magazine! It’s totally my new favourite.
9. A productive week of emails. You know those weeks, where it just feels like you’re smashing through your inbox and everything’s clicking? I love those weeks.
10. Seeing the dogs go loopy for Marmite. It’s their new favourite thing- heaven forbid I dare eat a slice of toast with Marmite on without giving them each a lick of a Marmite-covered teaspoon!
What’s made you happiest this week?