1. Seeing how extra cute Ottie looks in all her trousers now she’s wearing pants instead of a nappy! Potty training wasn’t exactly high on my agenda of things to do in the final month before having a baby, but Ottie was totally insistent and who am I to argue! She’s doing so well (though we’ve had our fair share of accidents, of course!), and it’s very surreal not to be changing/washing nappies for the first time in almost two years!
2. Homemade chocolate and beetroot cake. I kind of made up the recipe, and it’s been one of the tastiest cakes I’ve ever made! I didn’t write the recipe down though, so let’s hope I can remember it for next time…
3. Runner beans, picked fresh from the garden and simply boiled until tender and tossed with a little butter and salt. They’re just so delicious!
4. The look of total joy and wonder on Ottilie’s face when we sat down to watch ‘The Gruffalo’s Child’ together the other afternoon. The Gruffalo books are her absolute favourite, and so being able to watch the film just blew her mind! It was raining outside too and kind of chilly, which made the moment all that much cosier.
5. Erm…BAKE OFF! I can’t tell you how pumped I am that it’s back, it’s my favourite TV show ever! And I also love that it signals the count down to giving birth, because I really vividly remember watching it whilst heavily pregnant and then also whilst in labour with Ottilie this time two years ago, and we’re rapidly approaching D-Day again now!
6. Sowing the final few seeds of the year! Winter lettuce, turnips, cabbages for next spring, and some spinach too…
7. Breakfasts of warm creamy porridge with generous spoonfuls of apple and vanilla compote stirred in.
8. Picking tomatoes with Ottilie in the greenhouse. I love seeing her snack as she picks out the reddest fruits to fill her basket with, and how she knows to feed any split or damaged ones to the dogs. It’s the sweetest thing!
9. Cooler weather, leaves changing colour, hedgerows packed with berries ripe for the picking…I’m getting serious autumnal vibes these days, and loving every minute of it!
10. Taking some time out a couple of times a week to listen to the pregnancy and birth affirmations that come as part of the Positive Birth Company hypnobirthing course we’re following. It makes me feel so calm, peaceful, and E X C I T E D about giving birth!