This week’s been a happy one, for me, and I think that’s largely down to it being such a sunny one! It’s made no end of difference to my state of mind- not least because wearing coats on dog walks in June felt totally ridiculous! I so hope this nicer weather is here to stay. Now, weather chitchat over- here’s what else has made me happy this week!
1. Watching a live screening of Kenneth Brannagh’s Romeo & Juliet on Wednesday evening, with Lily James and Richard Madden. A seriously incredible performance, well worth booking tickets for!
2. Hearing baby’s heartbeat at an appointment with my lovely midwife on Thursday. It’s my absolute favourite thing…though possible tied as a favourite alongside feeling so many kicks and wriggles throughout the day.
3. A Mint and White Tea candle from The White Co! It makes our house smell so delicious.
4. Finishing up our binge watch of the new season of OITNB! It was my favourite yet…even though it did make me cry so much my eyes went puffy.
5. Driving to Richmond last weekend, with Spotify sessions blasting in my car and the windows rolled down. AND managing to dodge the rain all that afternoon!
6. The feeling of a post-workout class shower, hair wash, and full body moisturise. The best!
7. A salted caramel cupcake from Hummingbird, eaten in bed on Sunday morning.
8. The nerve of the puppy who came sneaking upstairs to our bedroom the other afternoon, because it was past her dinnertime and she was clearly feeling peckish! She’s never once been allowed upstairs in our house, and the sheer cheek of it did make me laugh!
9. Eating delicious ripe tomatoes from the vines in our garden. They taste all the better for being homegrown! Though, can we really claim them as being homegrown since we bought the plant when it was already flowering?…
10. The jar of Nutella currently calling my name from the kitchen cupboard. I’ve not allowed myself to buy any for so long (too dangerous, you see…) but I figured a small jar as a treat won’t hurt! Nutella with apple slices as a snack is in my immediate future, for sure…
What’s made you happy, this week? :)