Good morning, from a very blustery Ireland! Jason and I are here for our friends’ wedding, and are especially excited because neither or us has ever visited the country before! Crazy really, considering how it’s so nearby. We’re actually flying home later today, and I’m excited to share some photos of our short stay here when I get back! But before I do that, here’s a mini round up of all the things that’ve made me most happy this week…
1. Mince pies for breakfast. Mince pies for lunch. Mince pies whenever I please, because it’s advent and who on earth cares?
2. Spotting partridges whilst out walking in the woods the other morning! It wasn’t quite ‘a partridge in a pear tree’ (instead, three birds went scattering after Teddy sniffed them out in the bracken and leapt at them…), but still, it felt very festive!
3. Switching on the tree lights in the morning. Always one of my favourite things about this time of year, hands down.
4. The jar of salted caramel sauce that’s been lingering in our fridge, after Jason used it whilst baking a cake for one of his team last week. I’ve been sneaking teaspoonfuls of it when my afternoon sugar craving hits, and it’s the BOMB.
5. Visiting the puppy! The little brown freckles that’ve started to come out on her nose are too adorable. But goodness ME, the fear of having a mischievous, un-trained, boisterous pup in the house again is starting to set in good and proper now!
6. Eight hour tea lights. Best invention ever, right?
7. Pizza night. Enough said, really.
8. That Neutrogena moisturiser I raved about in this video, which has stopped my skin going all dry and flaky like it normally does at this time of year. It’s a Godsend, truly!
9. Finding my tweezers, finally. My eyebrows are grateful.
10. Finding a dress in my wardrobe I’d completely forgotten about, which turned out to be just be perfect for this weekend’s wedding! I never usually do that since I like to keep my wardrobe limited to things I wear pretty regularly, so it was kind of a treat!
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Sarah’s photos of New York || this recipe for salted dark chocolate popcorn on Cup of Jo || & Carrie’s photos from the wizarding world of Harry Potter!
Tell me, what’s made you happy this week? :)