It’s so lovely to be sharing an interview with Miranda here with you today. She really is so lovely, and since I’m guessing that most of you reading here are pretty fond of lifestyle blogs in general, you’re in for a treat with Miranda’s Notebook! On her blog, Miranda shares a range of content that vary from delicious recipes and beautiful outfit posts, to tutorials and lifestyle posts. Everything Miranda posts has such personality and a unique quality to it, and I’m certain you’re going to love her blog! So without further ado, let me introduce you to…Miranda’s Notebook!
1. Will you tell us a little about how you got started writing Miranda’s Notebook, and what it means to you?
I was looking for a creative outlet, and I’ve always enjoyed sharing what I love with friends, so a blog felt like a natural progression! I also really enjoy taking photographs, and developing my photography skills over the past year has been one of the most fun aspects of blogging for me.
2. What three words would you use to describe your blog?
Probably the 3 words in the subtitle: stylish confident living!
3. Would you tell us a little about your blogging process? What do you find comes easiest to you- the words, or the pictures?
I honestly love both, and both are equally important to me. I adore visual blogs, but I always appreciate well-written articles too, so I always try to make both the aesthetic and written content the best that I can. I tend to brainstorm ideas, then get the photographs that I need for them, and the writing comes from there.
4. Has blogging brought about any changes in your life?
It’s made me a lot busier! In a good way though. :) Balancing working with blogging can be a challenge, but it’s made me learn so much about myself and ways in which I work best. Writing a blog has also given me lots of wonderful new experiences and introduced me to some lovely people, for which I’m very grateful.
5. You write in your About page that you hope your blog can inspire people to feel confident seeking their own style. How did you go about formulating your own personal style- is there any advice you’d like to share? :)
The biggest advice I can share about style is that it means so much more than fashion, and is really down to the taste and lifestyle of the individual. To me, being stylish means being comfortable in your own skin, gracious to all around you and living life to the fullest. My personal style icon is Audrey Hepburn, as I feel she perfectly embodied all those traits.
6. What might Cider with Rosie readers be surprised to learn about you? Any secret skills or party tricks?
I used to do a lot of ballet when I was younger, and I’m still pretty flexible!
7. Since the year’s drawing to a close, will you share with us three of your favourite posts from the year, and why you’re especially fond of them?
Hmm, I enjoy writing all my posts for different reasons, so it’s hard to choose! I had a brilliant time when I got to explore Hastings: it made me determined to travel around the UK a bit more, as there are so many fabulous places to see (and having grown up in the USA and France, I haven’t seen as much of Britain as I would like).
One of my favourite things to do is write mini guides to my most-loved London areas, so I would definitely pick my Lamb’s Conduit Street Guide as a post I really enjoyed writing.
Finally, through Miranda’s Notebook I’ve been very grateful to have the opportunity to interview some fascinating artists, writers, bakers and shop-owners (all with a London connection). A recent interview was with the Hackney-based textile designer and artist Cressida Bell (granddaughter of Vanessa Bell and great-niece of Virginia Woolf). I am fascinated by the Bloomsbury Group and love Cressida’s artwork, so it was wonderful to have a chat with her at her studio.
8. And finally, it’s our old favourite Desert Island Discs! If you were stranded on a desert island, what would you bring along for the ride? You can bring two albums/CDs, two books, two films, ingredients to make a meal, and one luxury item!
Albums: Jagged Little Pill (Alanis Morissette) and 1989 (Taylor Swift). I feel they’re both full of the kind of tunes that would help me toughen up and get off that island (or at least fully embrace dancing with nobody watching)!
Books: Persuasion and Emma (Jane Austen). Because I never get bored of reading Jane Austen.
Films: Jackie Brown and Kill Bill 2 (Quentin Tarantino). They both have the kind of lead female characters who would make me feel I could do anything!
Meal: My favourite food is always sushi, so I guess I’d be having a go at catching some fish ;D
My luxury item would be a good quality suncream: I’m a bit of a skincare fanatic!
~ ~ ~
Thanks so much Miranda, I loved reading your answers! Head over to Miranda’s Notebook and say hi, and don’t forget to follow along via Bloglovin’!
p.s. This post was part of the Ultimate Advertising Package here on Cider with Rosie. If you’d like to see your own blog featured here (and answer a few of my nosiest questions!) then pop over to the Sponsor page and book up an advert!