Happy Sunday, my friends! Has your weekend been a lovely one? We’ve spent ours celebrating Jason’s birthday (with breakfasts in bed and meals out!) and also with the sort of general weekend pottering that makes my heart happy. Like testing out new recipes, and taking Teddy out on long walks, and eating soup for lunch, and drinking enough hot chocolate to make my teeth ache. The good stuff! Here’s what else has made this week a happy one…
1. The sort of humming, hissing sound the pond makes during heavy rain. I’ve never quite worked out exactly what’s making the noise (the reeds and lily pads, maybe?), but it’s so very peaceful.
2. Getting to buy a ‘happy birthday husband’ card for Jason this week! I was *very* excited about it!
3. Watching the sun rise, whilst doing sun salutations during yeserday’s morning workout.
4. Getting to cuddle my friend Zoe’s beautiful new baby boy on Thursday morning! There’s nothing quite so special as having a baby fall asleep on you, is there?
5. Oh, and more baby happiness, our friends Michelle and Ian (Michelle the brains behind our wedding flowers!) welcomed their baby girl last weekend too! The news made me so happy. Congratulations to them, and to lovely Granny Jean too who I know is an avid reader of CwR! ;)
6. Watching ALL of New Girl. I can’t believe how long it’s taken me to get into it- Schmidt is my new favourite TV character ;)
7. *Nailing* latte art for the first and only time in my life! I SnapChatted that heart pattern with pride ;)
8. Finding a bottle of Seche Vite in this month’s BirchBox delivery! A total win, right?!
9. The cuteness of the dog who inserts himself into every at-home yoga or Pilates workout I do. This week he curled up on my calves whilst I did a back-bend ‘Camel’ pose, and got me stuck in ‘Plough’ position by sitting up against the small of my back. It’s infuriating, but also 100% adorable.
10. Fresh, fridge-cold pomegranate seeds. On absolutely *everything*! (I’ve definitely put this as a ‘happy thing’ before, but it still counts, right?)
Three posts I’ve loved this week :: Anh’s chic camel + black ensemble || Sarah’s rainbow veggie recipe || + Natalie’s delicious post about pumpkin patches and apple picking and autumn (fall!) in Idaho!
What’s made you happy this week?