Oh Friday, I’m greeting you with open arms! The past few days have been such a muddle-we’ve been forgetful and scatter-brained, and things have been breaking left and right (the TV’s gone on the blink, for reasons known only to itself)- that I’ll be glad to see the back of this week! The weekend will be the antidote though for sure, because we’re are heading out on a honeymoon shopping trip on Saturday afternoon and also because Jason doesn’t know it yet, but I’ve decided that we’re making gin and tonics tonight! Hurrah! I hope your weekend is filled with sunshine and BBQing and gin and tonics and eating outside, too! Here’s a little round up of all that’s made me happy this week…
1. Cadbury’s chocolate fingers, ends bitten off, used as a straw for tea. Best Thursday night treat ever, essentially.
2. Diptyque Philosykos perfume. I’ve got a sample I’ve been ekeing out, but am going to pick up the travel roller ball for taking away on honeymoon. It’s so beautiful!
3. Teddy’s happy face when I gave him a new toy this week. Although it was kind of a waste of pennies, because he prefers the old plastic water bottle he’d been playing with the whole week previously. He’s like a child, preferring the box the toy came in to the toy itself…
4. Elderflower cordial, with lots of lemon and ice.
5. Picking out a reading for the wedding! They did make me sob like a baby…but still. It’s probably best to get all the emotions out in advance, right?
6. Wearing Birkenstocks like slippers round the house all day long. They’re just SO comfortable.
7. The small blessing of finding my phone in my car, after I’d got on the train without it and had to come all the way back expecting to have to drive home and find it on my dressing table!
8. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery oil. Can’t believe I’ve gone 24 and a half years without using it. I’m OBSESSED.
9. The lovely ladies who’ve emailed me this week, sharing tips and tricks and recommendations from their own experiences as brides. Thank you, Collette and Kate! <3
10. Catching up with so many friends and fellow bloggers in London on Wednesday. I always find spending time with creative people so very energising, and came away from Wednesday feeling so full of enthusiasm for all things photography related!
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Emily’s post on mani/pedi colour combinations || Joy’s recipe for raspberry and gin slushies || & Rose’s snaps from the very best art exhibition of all time!
What’s made you happy this week? :)