This week has been, in a word, glorious. Aside from Wednesday (when I was in London for a day of press events) I’ve taken a little break from all things Internet, and it’s been so great to step back and recharge. Instead of being glued to a screen, I’ve spent the past few days indulging in my favourite possible activity- pottering! I spent twenty minutes on Monday morning figuring out how to make the hose work so that I could do some gardening (I kid you not, twenty full minutes. It should’ve been underscored by the Benny Hill music…), am just getting started on a wardrobe door-painting project, and also treated myself to a pack of colouring pencils and one of those colouring books for grown ups so have spent hour upon hour indulging my inner 5 year old. It’s been total bliss! I’m definitely not someone who can relax by doing nothing at all (spas are my idea of hell on earth, I went to one once and hated every serene minute of it!) so doing little tasks all week long has been amazing for switching off my head. I hope your week’s been a lovely one too? :) here’s a round up of my week in silly, happy moments…
1. Reading magazines and drinking coffee outside in the garden each morning. Such a peaceful way to start each day.
2. Banana, strawberry, yoghurt and oat smoothies for breakfast.
3. The herb-filled planters Jason and I fixed to the brick wall next to the deck in our garden last weekend! They cosy up the space so nicely, and it’s such a treat having a supply of fresh rosemary, sage, mint, and thyme. And marjoram too, which I bought by accident thinking it was oregano! Side note: Anyone got any great recipes featuring marjoram?
4. Toasting marshmallows over the firepit I convinced Jason we most definitely needed to buy and not hire for the wedding. He’s glad I did convince him though, because you know, man make fire and all that! ;)
5. Chit chatting with strangers in London, about the rain and hats and ticket machines and what not. I’ll never understand why people say Londoners are unfriendly!
6. Whatever Jason does to roasted smashed new potatoes that makes them taste 1000x better than when I make them.
7. Getting my new passport through the post, in my married name! I was 80% excited because it’s starting to all feel so official, and 20% excited just because I’m a worrier and had convinced myself there’d be some major issue with it that’d mean I’d end up missing our honeymoon!
8. Snagging a new pair of gym leggings from Gap in the sale. I’ve become one of those women who gets absurdly excited about new gym clothes. Next thing you know I’ll be buying a juicer and making my own almond milk…
9. Spring cleaning! I’ve been on a mad blitz the past week or so, and our house has never looked better for it. Now all I need to do is find some way of stopping Ted from shedding, and it’ll stay that way!
10. Getting stuck into The Girl on the Train. It feels like ages since Jason and I read a book together! We’re maybe 50 or so pages in, and enjoying it so far. In fact, I’ve found it hard to resist the urge to plough through it solo whilst I’ve been home this week…
Since I’ve not been Internet-ing this week, will you link me to something good you’ve read or written in the comments? I’m so out of the loop!
Tell me too- what’s made you happy this week? :)