I’ve managed to work myself into a right old pickle this week, and I’m not too sure how. Wedding plans are coming along just fine, life is good, and yet still I’ve felt this weird low level niggling stress and worry for the past few days. I’ve been waking up worrying, without really knowing what I’m worrying about! It’s been the stupidest week, in that sense, but I’m sure a relaxed weekend will be all that’s needed to feel right as rain again. And maybe some chocolate, because of course. Aside from silly worrying about absolutely nothing, the week has been a pretty beautiful one! I mean, with sunsets like that one above, how could it not be? Here’s what’s made me most happy this week…
1. Finally getting my wedding hair style sorted! I had a second trial this week with a different hair dresser, and she was completely amazing. Now I can finally stop having those stupid anxiety dreams about ending up doing my own hair on the morning of the wedding, and walking down the aisle with Shirley Temple curls!
2. Making my first iced vanilla latte of the year!
3. A sneaky midweek Chinese takeaway. Satay sauce + crispy seaweed forevah.
4. A vinyasa flow class at TriYoga yesterday afternoon. I left feeling so mellow, it was completely dreamy.
5. A lilac manicure that magically lasted the whole week (including several dog walks, four fitness classes, hours of typing away on my laptop, and twenty minutes spent trying to wrestle an anti-worm tablet into the dog’s mouth) with only one tiny chip! A miracle!
6. Jason, for putting up with me being such a grouch all this week. And also my Mum, and my Godmother who I whinged down the phone to one lunchtime, and basically everyone I’ve even made eye contact with during the past few days. It’s just been one of those weeks, you know?
7. Whiling away time looking at houses on Rightmove. Ideally I’d like a period house with enough land for a menagerie of dogs/chickens/any animals that wander my way set down a little country lane somewhere, but that also has great access to local shops and is on a main line to London. Not too much to ask, right? ;)
8. Seeing my wedding dress again on Wednesday evening. I’ve got my final fitting booked now, which is completely terrifying!
9. A post-workout peanut butter protein smoothie! It was so delicious, I’m desperate to recreate it at home.
10. Watching Fortitude! It’s so intense and gripping, we’ve loved the series so far! Though I did have to watch parts of last week’s episode with my hands over my eyes- seriously the most gruesome thing I’ve seen in a long time!
What’s made it onto your happy list, for this week? :)