Has your week been a lovely one? I really hope so! Mine’s been heavily food-orientated (chocolate cravings galore) and also a pretty productive one too! (Maybe there’s a link…?) Receipts have been filed (FINALLY), paperwork has been sorted, and the dumb wedding planning tasks that’ve been lingering on our to-do list for months are slowly slowly getting ticked off. Like arranging to have our banns read in both the village where we live and also where we’re getting married (which means we have to pay twice for our banns, if you can believe it!), sorting out another visit to our venue to plan the flower arrangements and decoration, and booking in a hair trial with another stylist since my first one wasn’t quite right. Angela and I spoke on Twitter this week about how brides should totally tag team wedding planning, each ticking off a couple of tasks for our own weddings and then switching to share our expertise and knowledge! A great idea, right?! ;) Anyway, here’s to happy things!
1. GOING OUT WITHOUT A COAT! Granted I had a plenty of other layers on and was pretty warm anyway, but still! Totally awesome!
2. Baking add-in-anything cookies! Mini eggs and a chopped up Malteaser bunny found their way into this batch, and the results were splendid.
3. A nest of duvets and cushions on the living room floor + a bag of pick n mix + a few old Sex and the City DVDs + a cup of tea + Ted as a cuddle buddy. Heaven.
4. Taking a bath with a Lush ‘sakura’ bath bomb. I used to buy them constantly when I was about 16 but hadn’t used one in years, so that whole bath weirdly smelled like my teenage years!
5. Kaiso salad from Yo Sushi. I pick up a box every time I go through Waterloo. It’s SO tasty!
6. Stealing a half hour catch up with my best friend this week. She’s a week away from her medical school finals and stressed out of her brain, so we sat together and drank tea and ate chocolate biscuits just like we’ve done every single time one of us has been stressed over the past decade, and it was perfect.
7. Seeing our wedding invites being put together by one of the designers at Jason’s agency! So very exciting! (Though on a sidenote, trying to figure out the wording for the invites was easily one of the trickiest things we’ve done in the planning process)
8. Steak cooked by Jason! He’s pretty skilled in the kitchen these days, you know?
9. Watching The Good Wife. We’re 100 years late on the bandwagon, but loving it!
10. Making plans for a burger date this lunchtime with Freya + Tania! Oreo milkshakes are on my horizon, and I couldn’t be happier.
Three posts I’ve loved reading :: Deb’s second bun-in-the-oven announcement! || Anya’s photos from a weekend in Northumberland || & Izy’s recipe for sweet potato gnocchi with wild garlic and sage pesto!
What’s made you happy this week? :)