I feel like this week’s walked a fine line between being restful, and just plain old lethargic. There’ve been no trips to London, no exciting jaunts, no rushing-around-like-a-loon busy days…and it’s been nice. Nice to spend time just puttering about at home, going at an easier pace. Though on the other hand…’snooze’ has been pressed many a-time, and productivity levels hit an all time low when I found myself looking at pictures of baby animals making friends with other baby animals instead of getting on with the task at hand. But hey! There’s value in that too, right? ;) I hope your week’s been a good’un, and that’ve you’ve got a corker of a weekend ahead! Here’re 10 things that’ve made my week a happy one…
1. DISHWASHER. Can I put that for every point? We bought a new one, it arrived, it doesn’t leak at all (like the old one did), and it’s totally and completely awesome. Goodbye washing up brush. It’s been dreadful.
2. Flourless chocolate mint cake. Recipe comin’atcha next week.
3. Having my car cleaned! It happens once in a blue moon (Teddy and his muddy paws make it pretty much a giant waste of money!) but when it happens, it makes me actually enjoy driving my car for a little while!
4. Those little individually-wrapped caramelly biscuits that come with coffees in little coffee shops. You don’t see them so much anymore, do you? Severely underrated biscuits, if you ask me.
5. The tub of pick n mix that turned a crappy Tuesday into a great Tuesday. Extra-fizzy cola bottles are my jam.
6. ‘Hold Back the River’ by James Bay. We’ve listened to it approximately 1000 times this week, and we’re still not bored.
7. Double PIiates! The second class was pretty tiring, but left me feeling a million times better than I did before I went.
8. Reading Gone Girl with Jason. It’s so fun hearing his theories as to what’s happened to Amy change as we go through the book (I’ve already read it, but am doing my best not to give anything away!)
9. Seeing wreaths and lights and garlands popping up all over the place! This time of year makes me so very happy.
10. Burning the Christmas Pine candle I mentioned in yesterday’s post. So beautiful, it deserves a double mention! It scents our whole house like you would not believe. I’m having to restrain myself from burning it too quickly!
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Gingerbread granola from the Minimalist Baker || Katy’s beautifully honest post about fearlessness || & Naomi’s sweet video of her babies talking with Siri!
What’s made it on to your happy list for this week? :)