Happy Friday, and hey, happy Halloween too! We don’t really go in for Halloween much in this house. We do have a pumpkin sat on the kitchen windowsill right now…but sadly it’s destined to be chopped up and turned into this salad here, rather than made beautiful and filled with candles! Poor poor pumpkin. We might ‘nod’ to it being Halloween by watching Hocus Pocus on Netflix later on this evening, probably whilst drinking hot chocolates and eating something sweet. In fact, yes. I’ve just this minute decided, that’s exactly what we’ll be doing! I hope you all have a lovely Friday! Here’s a little round up of this week’s ‘happy things’…
1. Soft wintery evening sunlight. Last night’s sunset was a lovely misty one. I’d forgotten how beautiful the cold light of this time of year can be!
2. Sending letters! There’s something so lovely about good old fashioned snail mail, isn’t there? :)
3. Cooking fresh pheasant! We were given a couple of (dead, but intact!) pheasants earlier on in the week, and after some pretty inexpert plucking, we managed to get them cooked up! I did get kiiind of squeamish during the whole process, but it was far more interesting (and eye-opening!) than just cooking with meat that came via a supermarket shelf!
4. An afternoon stroll along the river in Richmond.
5. Spiced apple + cinnamon candles! Always some of my favourites to burn around this time of year.
6. The clocks going back. So much easier to wake early now that it’s brighter in the mornings!
7. Hummingbird’s ‘Smores’ cupcake. Oh boy. Oh BOY. I think they’re limited edition, so you must grab one whilst they’re available! Seriously amazing!
8. Hot water bottles. All day, every day. (I’m just waiting for it to get cold enough that I can go out walking with Teddy with one tucked up the front of my padded gilet, like I did last winter! It does make me look at least 4 months pregnant, granted, but the warm stomach feels make it totally worth it.)
9. The magical moment that happened yesterday morning, where I happened to be doing the sun salutation part of my yoga sequence right when the sun was actually rising and shining through the morning fog straight into my living room. Too perfect! (Yep, this is the fifty billionth mention of sun rises-and-sets in the past week. Sorry about that. Guess I’m kind of obsessed.)
10. Going to our lovely friends’ wedding last weekend! It was such a special day, and kind of made me wish my own wedding was set to be an autumn one!
What’s made it on to your happy list for this week? :)