This week’s been full of so many amazing, exciting, and extraordinary things that I can’t wait to tell you all about, but just for now, let’s focus solely on the littlest moments. The sinking into plush hotel beds, the smooth take offs and landings, the homecomings. Because that’s what these posts are for, aren’t they? Treasuring the small and the seemingly insignificant, as well as the grand and exciting? So here’s to the little things, with 10 things that’ve made me happy this week!
1. The sweet man on the plane next to me on Tuesday, who talked to me right through take off because he noticed that I was maybe just a little bit terrified. He told me all about how he and his wife met, and was just so generally sweet and lovely and I couldn’t have been more grateful for his kindness.
2. Wearing Essie polish in the shade ‘Smokin Hot’! And the fact that’s it’s lasted so long without chipping, that’s been pretty happy-making too.
3. Cashmere socks, & roaring fires.
4. Every single song on Haim’s album. I’m having a love affair.
5. Leaving notes scattered round the house for Jason to find whilst I was away. There was one wrapped up in some pasties I’d left in the fridge, one in his trainer laces, and another in the toothbrush holder in the bathroom! I leave notes for him whenever I go away on trips, and it’s one of my favourite traditions we have. Jason’s still got one I wrote him during the first couple of months we were together, a tiny green post-it that I tucked into his jacket pocket one morning!
6. Managing to zip up my suitcase. It required the full weight of my body, and a lot of shoving, but I did it ;)
7. The cheese and spinach soufflé I ate on Wednesday night that pushed me from feeling comfortably full to just a little bit sick, but that was so incredible it was totally worth it.
8. Rising early, and breathing fresh morning air.
9. A certain vanilla mascarpone and peanut butter macaron.
10. New tartan scarves! I’m building quite the collection, you know…
I’ve been so out of the blogging loop over the past couple of days, so in the comments, will you link me to your favourite post you’ve either read or written in the past week? Let’s share good things! :) And have a happy weekend!