Apparently, this week’s been a week of numbers. We’ve done three ways with porridge, five ways to keep positive in winter, and now ten things that’ve made me happy! What can I say- got to keep those GCSE Maths skills sharp somehow, right? ;) This week’s been so very on point, it’s kind of obnoxious. Beautiful things have been purchased. Organisation has happened. To-do lists have become to-done lists. Workouts have been completed. I’ve even had a flu jab! And didn’t faint! This is an achievement in itself. I hope your week’s been good, too? This weekend we’re off to Wisley for their Autumn/harvest/apple festival (I can’t remember exactly what it is, but there’ll be food, so we’re going) and also doing a little life laundry and, hold the phone, wedding planning! We kind of maybe got a bit bored of wedding planning so took a major hiatus, and now need to get back in the game and find ourselves a good band for the reception! Now, here’s what else has made this week a lovely one!
1. Treating myself to a beautiful new suitcase! I’ll be honest with you, having my own set of lovely luggage kind of makes me feel more of a grown up than having my own house/dog/car/a husband-to-be does! ;)
2. Wednesday’s dinner of Swedish meatballs and homemade chips. Dunking chips in the sauce is what it’s all about. (Recipe here!)
3. New jeans! Thank you GAP for always making your jeans so comfy. They fit like a freaking glove.
4. Hozier’s album. If you’ve not yet listened to it, make it no.1 priority for the weekend! It’s a beauty, I tell you!
5. Autumn sunshine! I’ve been glad of a break from the rain, to be honest.
6. The sweet dog who gets each and every toy out of his toy box in turn during the late afternoons, and pops them on the sofa next to me one by one in an attempt to get me to ditch my laptop and play with him instead. It works like a charm, as you can imagine ;)
7. The anticipation of tonight being pizza night. Oh boy. I’m ready for it.
8. Reading Gone Girl! It’s good, huh?
9. The darling fiancé who took time out of his working day to run into town and pick up a dress I had on order, and couldn’t get hold of anywhere else. And then didn’t tut even once when I decided I didn’t like it when I tried it on at home. He’s the best :)
10. Watching the sun rise in the mornings, whilst eating breakfast.
Not three posts, but one whole entire blog I’ve been loving this week! :: ‘Unfancy‘, written by the beautiful Caroline. Unfancy is a style blog that centres around Caroline’s seasonal, 37-piece capsule wardrobe. Real outfits, items worn over and over in new ways- it’s amazing! I found it via lovely Nat (whose blog is always a killer read, for me) and have been reading it ‘cover to cover’ all this week. If you’re into soft (not super severe) minimalism and a clean aesthetics, you will LOVE it! I kind of want to redo my whole entire wardrobe after reading Caroline’s posts…
Now, what’s on your happy list for this week? :)