It’s been feeling a whole lot more brisk and cool round these parts this week, and I couldn’t be happier. I mean, I finally got to wear my new scarf! It was a happy day ;) The week has been mainly made up of the usual (writing, photography, editing, cooking…) and also a lot of time spent browsing online for holiday cottages in the Scottish Highlands. Jason and I are looking into taking a trip away during December, and I’m starting to look into places to stay. I did find an incredible cottage last night on a private island (!) just off the West coast of Scotland…but it had no electricity or running water. And as much as we do want to switch off, and the views from this place were incredible, I’m not sure we could hack a week with no interaction with the outside world at all! So, back to the drawing board! This weekend we’re planning a bit of shopping, and a trip out for breakfast on Sunday morning. I hope you have a lovely one! And now, let’s count up this week’s ‘happy things’…
1. Wednesday pizza-and-GBBO-night! It’s become a bit of a tradition, and a happy one at that!
2. The sweet older couple I saw walking round the lake on Monday, who held hands the entire four and a half mile walk. Kind of a heart melter :)
3. Fairisle print socks!
4. Putting together an inspiration board for my little office space! It’s like Pinterest’s come to life ;)
5. SNACKS. All the snacks. I’ve been grazing like a sheep (as in that I’ve eating constantly, not been snacking on grass…) all this week, I don’t know what’s been up! Carrots and hummus has been my weapon of choice a lot, plus apples with Nutella, nut bars, bananas, and many (many!) a bowl of cereal.
6. Jason. All the time, but this week in particular I’ve felt so grateful to have him as my other half. Some days I just can’t believe I get to marry him!
7. The peach iced tea I sat and enjoyed whilst looking out over the lake, after Teddy and I finished our walk on Thursday.
8. First Aid Kit! Their album is our new favourite evening washing-up soundtrack!
9. The smell of eucalyptus in our house, thanks to yesterday’s flowers! So beautiful! (And thanks to everyone who told me what that it was in fact eucalyptus!)
What’s on your happy list for this week? :)