I woke up this morning with a serious case of post-workout ache (the type that hurts the very second you move in bed after waking up, and you just know you’ll be in for a day of it), and feeling oh so very glad it’s the weekend. This week has felt like a ‘catch up’ week- the kind where you feel like you’re always one step behind where you need to be and can never quite make up time. I’m looking forward to heading out this weekend for a long walk in this blissful autumn weather, and for a day spent in London on Sunday. I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead of you too! Here’s what’s made me so very happy this week…
1. A Thursday afternoon coffee date with my little sis! We drank vanilla lattes, and she filled me in on all the gossip from her school. So fun!
2. The temperature right now. For me, these warm afternoons and crisp breezes are just completely perfect.
3. Smashed egg on rye for breakfast (with juice and coffee on the side).
4. Teddy’s obsession with socks. It’s insanely annoying (when he takes every opportunity to steal whatever socks I’ve been wearing in the day, or am just about to put on, or am in the process of putting into the washing machine) but the proud way he carries them around just melts my heart!
5. Dancing to Otis Redding songs with Jason of an evening.
6. Trying out new dinnertime recipes. I’ve been having a ‘mix things up’ kind of week, and it’s been fun to test out new meals. (p.s. tonight is lemon and herb chicken, with a chickpea + tomato casserole kinda thing on the side)
7. Jumpers, knee high socks (+ digging out winter boots).
8. Wedding planning in the evenings after work! We’ve been making preliminary decisions about what food we want to serve, the suits Jason, his best men and my godfather (who’ll be giving me away) will wear, and how the bridesmaids will have their hair styled. It’s still early days of course for all these details, but so exciting nonetheless!
9. Seeing the leaves begin to turn colour and fall. This time of year is so beautiful, isn’t it?
10. A thrown-together apple, cinnamon + brown sugar galette, made to use up some leftover rough puff pastry that’d been lingering in the fridge.
What’s on your happy list for this week? :)