If there’s one thing that can be said for this week, it’s that it’s been a productive one. Teddy has been walked many a mile (on Tuesday in weather so rainy that I actually had to go out and buy new trousers, since I was spending the day working in Jason’s studio and didn’t fancy having my jeans plastered to my legs all day), the house has been freshened up, and I’ve got my head firmly back into the swing of things after a slowed-down couple of weeks. It’s been a good one! Rainy, but good. I hope you’ve had a great one too! This weekend we’re looking forward to a trip to Covent Garden, and cooking and eating plenty of delicious things. Maybe another blackberry and apple crumble. There’s always room for crumble. Here’s to happy things!
1. Having a massive three hour intensive tidy-up of our spare bedroom yesterday, whilst turning it into an organised and useful home office space. What was supposed to be a half hour sort-out of the desk drawers turned into a mega blitz, which resulted in two bags of rubbish thrown in the bin, one bag of clothes for charity and another for my sister, and me having a lovely peaceful office space to work in. A winner all round!
2. Wearing LAYERS! Oh boy, have I missed layering!
3. The kind fiancé who went through the massive hassle this week of switching over to a different computer so that I could have his laptop, after mine exploded (literally!). It’s been a giant palaver for him, and I’m very grateful.
4. Talking wedding hair at the hairdressers on Thursday. I cannot WAIT to go for a hair-trial! Eeep! (Also speaking of weddings, think we found our photographer this week. His work is to die for!)
5. Essie’s Bahama Mama polish on my fingernails. Forever my favourite autumn nail colour.
6. Sampling Uzuma green juices! I was sent a box earlier this week, and they’re really really great. All cold-pressed (which retains vitamins) high-pressure processed (also ++vitamins), and really tasty. I’m impressed, definitely would recommend.
7. Homemade soda bread rolls with carrot soup for dinner. (Sidenote: soda bread is the bomb. Less than half an hour to make and cook, including prep time. The best!)
8. Finding a huge folder full of family photos (from my Grandma’s 80th birthday) that I thought I’d lost forever when my hard drive crashed last year. I’d totally forgotten that I’d had them printed, and am so very grateful I did.
9. Gabrielle Aplin’s album. It’s the most perfect music to listen to whilst writing, I can’t stop listening to it.
10. Waking up to a bedroom full of cool autumn morning air, and feeling so snug under the duvet. You can’t beat that contrast between cool + warm, if you ask me!
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Kate’s words on minimalism || Rachael’s beautiful thoughts on feeling close to her Mum || & Joanna’s 8 tips for a happy marriage (I absolutely adore these, and agree with them wholeheartedly!)
What’s on your happy list for this week? :)