10 things that’ve made me happy this week!

18.07

Grey-white-and-mustard

Ahh, Saturday. It’s nearly here! I’m so excited for this weekend, and I’m not even sure why! We’ve not got anything major going on, just a few little odds and ends that I know will be fun. Like a BBQ at our friends’ new house on Sunday, and maybe a little sunbathing and reading out by the pond tomorrow afternoon. I’m hoping that I can sort out the Birkenstock double-strap tan lines that’ve formed on the tops of my feet this week (that really just make my feet look hideously grubby) and also maybe do something with regards to the state of this house too. I’ve been turning a blind eye to what a mess it is for about 10 days now, and enough is enough. Time to blitz that dust! ;) Now, here’s a little list what’s made me happy this week!…

1. Sitting out in the sunshine yesterday afternoon, whilst writing post copy & answering emails. (Also, the Vita Liberata dry oil sunscreen I’ve been using all week, which keeps my skin from burning AND helps it tan! Amazing!)

2. Teddy’s smug face upon finding a forgotten tennis ball over on the green on Wednesday evening. He brought it all the way home with him, and is *very* proud of his little discovery. (I prefer not to imagine how many dog’s mouths it’s been in, and how germy that thing must be…)

3. A walk + coffees with Mum yesterday morning.

4. Getting back to Pilates! I’d missed two weeks of classes because of work/events etc, and hadn’t realised how much I was missing the classes until my first one back this week. There’s nothing like it!

5. Ripe peaches. I thought the season had pretty much finished, but the batch I bought this week are better than ever! Made me so very happy!

6. Being able to slouch around in denim cut-offs and t-shirts all week long. Summer is the best!

7. Neom’s Harmonise candle. It smells SO amazing, even when it’s not lit. Definitely my favourite candle I’ve had in the house in a long time!

8. Listening to George Ezra’s ‘Budapest’, & Ben Howard’s ‘Keep your head up’. Such amazing summer songs!

9. Bunless cheese burgers + sweet potato fries for dinner. YUM.

10. Daydreaming about honeymoons, and where we might be flying off to in the world this time next year. It’s so exciting!

Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Carolyn’s perfect laid-back summer outfit || Bess’ fantasy dinner party run-down || & The Minimalist Baker’s recipe for super seedy granola bars!

I so enjoyed reading through all of your post links in the comments last week, so let’s make it a regular thing! If you write a blog yourself, please do leave me a link in the comments to a favourite post of yours from the past week! I’d love to click through and have a read of it! :) Happy Friday everyone!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
26 Comments
Posted in 10 THINGS, HAPPINESS

26 thoughts on “10 things that’ve made me happy this week!

1. Candy

What a lovely, laid back list of happy things! I loved planning our honeymoon – we ended up going to Japan AND Korea because we couldn’t decide! Recently we went on a tiny anniversary mini break to Oslo so my favourite post this week (from my own blog) has to be one about that. Here’s the link by the way (I’m posting this using my phone so I hope it works!!)

2. Bekka

I always love these lists Rosie. Sounds like you’ve had a lovely relaxing week. Have to agree with you that Budapest is such feel good summer song! I’d like to link you to my most recent post all about favourite travel photos that I’ve taken on my phone. It’s one of the simpler things I’ve written but really enjoyed sharing my photos: http://orbitingoceans.blogspot.com/2014/07/favourite-travel-photos-iphone-edition.html All the best for the weekend! x

3. Saskia

Mmmm..sweet potato fries are gorgeous! I need to get back into pilates as well!

Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

4. arielle

so you’re saying that there’s a sunscreen that prevents burning and still allows you to tan?! I am most definitely going to have to check that out! love your ten things this week, rosie! thanks for sharing all of these beautiful pieces of your life with us.

love, arielle
    a simple elegance

5. Stephanie Claire

I saw George Ezra and Ben Howard last week at T in the Park. They will forever be the soundtrack of summer 2014 now! And I am definitely missing my denim shorts and wellies now! Stephie from Tea in Your Twenties x

6. Amber

Thanks for commenting on my post last week you sweetie :)
    I am the same – have been living in my denim shorts and whatever loose cool tee i can find :) I love summer so so much! Excited for you for your honeymoon! This week I hardly had to go into work so I’ve enjoyed time off in the sun with my family :) I write a weekly happy list every sunday and i love writing them so here’s last weeks one :) http://amberluiselove.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/this-week-happiness-is.html i also posted about a petition to save a depressed polar bear and have him moved to a better zoo! If you have time have a read and maybe sign the petition too :) x

7. Beth

I’ve just started doing pilates at home, and I love it! I find it so refreshing first thing in the morning.

8. Leanne

Honeymoon planning is the best! Five years on, and my husband and I still swear we only went through the whole wedding palaver to have an excuse for a ridiculously extravagant holiday :)
    I just re-ignited my blog after a few months off and I’m so happy to have it back that I’m a bit in love with all this week’s posts…but this one about my daughter’s first trip to New York is particularly special to me: http://tinymagpie.wordpress.com/2014/07/18/30th-birthday-blowout-new-york/

(such a nice idea, by the way!)

9. Beth

I love reading these posts Rosie :-) far too easy to let the weeks roll by and forget about all of the little things that make each one a good one! (Also feeling mega guilty about being away from yoga for the last month now – must get back!).

Here’s my favourite post from last week: http://www.thefullagenda.com/fulfil-your-dreams/

xx

10. Meallyn

When I do list ‘things to do’ I always find something more interesting,and my list goes to trash :(

11. Menekse

Ohh I loooove bunless burgers and sweet potato fries, one of my favourite meals! We still can’t get Dougal to comprehend the whole ball/fetch thing. We’ve tried many times, and he just isn’t into it :( my dog is broken!

12. Jo

I’ve utterly fallen in love with George Ezra and I need his album in my life right now – also, would love to try pilates :) These posts always inspire me – thank you for sharing!

Jo xx