Can you even believe it’s June already? And that we’re *halfway* through this year? I can’t. Just doesn’t compute. The past month has been kind of ridiculously busy and stressful, and I may or may not have had a complete wedding planning-induced meltdown on at least one occasion. But hey! It’s kind of obligatory in the first month or so of planning a wedding to have at least one complete freak out, right? Right…?
It feels as though the weekends these days are all go. I can’t even remember the last time I slept in later than half 8 or 9, and even though I like to try and be up at a respectable time at the weekends, it’s always nice to have the *option* to lie-in, don’t you find? June is set to be equally busy, but also beautiful. We’re waiting to welcome a new baby into the family (Jason’s little brother Joe is set to become a Dad right around Father’s Day!) and hopefully the glorious sunshine of this past weekend will stick around right through the month. There’s also going to be a whole lot more wedding planning (I honestly don’t know what I did with my time before we started planning this thing!;) and a few jaunts up to London for both work and play. I’ve decided to set myself a few little goals to achieve in the month ahead, and thought I’d share them here because…why on earth not?
So June- let’s do this! And now, about those goals…
- To have a date for our wedding (with venue, church + caterers all in) booked and in the diary by the end of the month. I can’t deal with another four weeks of up-in-the-air-nonsense!
- Drink more water. (And maybe less coffee. But not really. Just more water to counteract all the coffee…)
- Make ice-cream using the ice-cream maker I’ve had sitting unused in the spare bedroom since I inherited it from my Mum (who also never used it) last summer. Mint chocolate chip is first on my ‘to make’ list.
- Have a go at cooking with coconut oil in place of olive oil.
- Take a hot yoga/Bikram yoga class.
- Do the 4.5 mile lake-walk at least once a week all through June. (And also, buy a pass for the lake car park, because I’ve been meaning to do so for a year now and fumbling around trying to find 3 £1 coins for the ticket machine every time I want to pop up there for a walk is getting really old)
- Buy a new book! An actual paper copy of a book, not a digital version! And also to actually read it too, instead of just sit with it next to me whilst I scroll endless through my social media feeds on my phone…
- And lastly, I’m going to aim to not make any organisational errors for the whole of this month. Yesterday (which technically was June but it was a Sunday so in my head it was still May, ‘kay) I’d managed to not just double, but TRIPLE book us with appointments in the morning! I just have this really bad knack for booking everything in for 11am on a Sunday morning, and then get all in a pickle. This month will be the month though where I get organised, and stop being late for everything. Haha. Let’s see how this works out…
Are you aiming to achieve anything particular in June? Or are you just happy enough to be welcoming in summertime? :)