Ooof, this week has been a good one! So much sunshine! So many summery drinks drunk with ice and mint! Summer storms! And freckles! Freckles everywhere! It’s made me one very happy bunny. Jason and I are planning to do as little as possible this weekend- beyond my trip to London on Saturday afternoon with my Mum (for a wedding dress fitting + dim sum!), we’re hoping to just relax and, *gasp!* actually spend some time together!? It honestly feels as though we’ve not spent a single weekend day together in weeks now, and I miss that handsome fiancé of mine so very much! So whilst I go and count down the minutes until the weekend arrives (and also edit a new video for my YouTube channel!), here’s a little list of what’s made me happy this week for you to have a little read of! :) …
1. Listening to Ben Howard’s album. Too beautiful. (I know it’s all about Ed Sheeran’s new album at the moment. I’m rubbish with music though, and am forever behind the times, so Ben Howard is where it’s at for me right now…)
2. Managing to meet up with Jason for a sneaky mid-afternoon coffee in London on Wednesday afternoon, when our respective meetings just happened to finish at the exact same time and we happened to be on tube lines that converged at Oxford Circus. It was so lovely to meet him for a moment of peace and calm in an otherwise hectic day.
3. Watching last weekend’s peonies open up fuller and fuller over the course of the week. They’re so flamboyant, and I adore them.
4. Talking business with my darling Bess over burgers the other evening. She’s such an inspiring lady, and gave me some incredible advice. I left with a giant surge of confidence and decisiveness…and also feeling very full from those amazing burgers ;)
5. The rack of Chinese-spiced spare ribs Jason and I ate for dinner last night. Finger lickin’ good.
6. Bright orange polish on my finger & toenails.
7. Wednesday’s sunset, watched in awe through the train window whilst on my way home from London.
8. Switching my phone off in the evenings. I’ve been trying hard to be less distracted lately, and focus my attention on appreciating the now. We’ve been listening to more music at home, and today I’m going to pop out to the library to pick up a stack of books to get stuck into over the weekend. It’s making for a happier life.
9. Licking the brownie batter mixing spoon.
10. Hanging out all week long in summer dresses and flip-flops. I know I always say each season is my favourite, but this summer is kind of nailing it so far.
Three posts I’ve loved reading this month :: Gemma’s lush neon spotty manicure || Sara’s post about the birth of her baby boy (such a cutie!) || and Sophie’s beautiful photos from a day spent readying her Grandparents’ garden for her upcoming wedding.
What’s made you happy this week? :)