Well, happy Sunday! And happy May! Happy everything! (Shut up Rosie. I’m being obnoxious. Still got that newly-engaged elation thing going on, you see. I almost drove into the back of someone AGAIN this week, because I was too busy staring at my left hand and having dumb thoughts like ‘ooohh sparkly sparkly!’ and not concentrating on the road. It’s a hazard!) This week has been a good one, all in all! There’s been many a bunch of flowers in our house, and exciting emails answered, and trips to London, and Bank Holiday weekend plans made! It feels weird to have another bank holiday so soon after taking time off over Easter, don’t you think? I guess I just never noticed before because this is my first year spent not in education. It’s the best! I hope you’ve had a peach of a week, and have lovely plans for this long weekend! And let’s keep our fingers crossed that the sun shines, okay?
1. Jason’s love and support all this week. Some days I have to pinch myself over how lucky I am to find a man who’s got my back so completely. His unwavering belief in my abilities make me feel so confident and surefooted, and I’m grateful for that support every single day. I can’t wait to be his wife (though being his girlfriend and now his fiancée is pretty fantastic too).
2. Stealing a morning catch up with my best friend in London on Wednesday. It’s so rare we get to see each other more often that once a month or so, and it felt like a treat and a half!
3. Browsing wedding dresses online. It’s my new favourite activity for when Jason’s watching bloke-telly…;)
4. Wearing Laura Mercier Amber Vanilla body soufflé. It was a little sample that came with the lovely Birchbox I had sent through this month, and it smells UH-MAZING. I’d never tried any Laura Mercier body products before, and they definitely live up to the hype! An expensive taste to have acquired, I think…
5. Running back to my car in the pouring rain with Teddy on Tuesday afternoon. I was so cross that I’d been caught out without my rain coat on, and the downpour was so sudden and heavy I knew I’d need to get changed for the second time that day. As I was running back to my car though I glanced at Teddy, and he looked so joyful and thrilled with the situation (having a second walk that day, the rain, running alongside me, and just his little life in general) that all my silly annoyance at the bad weather and prospect of having more laundry to do just…went away!
6. Roasted red peppers (in every meal I can squeeze them in to. I’m obsessed!)
7. Being able to change into flats when I was travelling home across London on Wednesday morning. I’d put a pair of ballet pumps in my handbag as I left the house that morning, and was very grateful for the foresight come 1pm.
8. A cobbled together breakfast (I’d run out of milk, yoghurt, fresh fruit, everything…) of smooshed-together peanut butter, dried apricots, chopped nuts, oats, and a tiny bit of honey. Like granola bars, but instant!
9. The man I spotted leaving the little village shop on Wednesday afternoon with an ice-cream in hand. He looked so pleased to be eating his ice-cream in the beautiful sunshine (who wouldn’t be pleased eating a Magnum, right?), and it made me smile.
10. The prospect of maybe possibly having found our ideal wedding venue. We’re viewing it this afternoon. Wish us luck!
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Deb’s recipe for berry bran muffins || Siobhan’s ‘nice stuff’ round up (she has such excellent taste!) || and Lottie’s gorgeous pregnancy announcement! (how sweet is baby Ava?)
What’s made you happy this week? :)