Happy Friday everyone! I hope you’ve had a great week? I feel like this week has taught me two major things :: Number One. I really, REALLY appreciate good customer service. We’ve had kind of an awful experience with a wedding venue over the past couple of weeks now, that’s led to us going from being almost dead set on booking with them to thinking that there’s not a chance we’d trust them to handle our wedding day. Then I spoke to a new company (a marquee one, exciting!) yesterday who were so on the ball and helpful I breathed an actual sigh of relief when I got off the phone to them. Going from one extreme to the other made me really appreciate the value of prompt responses and a friendly telephone manner. (I realise that sentence kind of made me sound like an 85 year old, but you know. If the shoe fits…) And Number Two:: Trying to get an 18 month old spaniel to sit still long enough to take a photo of him is actually really easy, so long as you have a rawhide bone in your hand. Then he’ll do absolutely anything you want.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend ahead of you! Here’s a little list of what’s made me most happy, in the past week…
1. Stumbling across a field full of napping lambs whilst out walking on Thursday morning! There were easily 40 lambs in the field, about 90% of which were sound asleep curled up alongside their siblings and mums. It was the absolute sweetest thing!
2. Watching Teddy play with the ginormous 5ft long cardboard tube that my new living room rug came rolled around yesterday afternoon. He strutted around the garden with it in his mouth and it kind of looked as though he was jousting, which made me laugh hard.
3. Pineapple. Sliced, stored in the fridge, and eaten in great wedges after morning dog walks. The best.
4. Seeing my Mum’s photos from Italy all this week (she’s on holiday in Lake Maggiore right now) and knowing that the weather’s stayed nice for her even though it was forecast to rain.
5. The naughty dog of ours who this week climbed up onto a garden chair to retrieve his mini rugby ball from on top of the table on the patio. I only realised he’d done it when he appeared at the back door with the ball in his mouth, looking equal parts smug and cautious. He’s just *too* smart! (I didn’t tell him off for his mountaineering, by the way. Couldn’t bring myself to do it!) (More brackets: he’s also started creeping up the stairs when waiting on us to take him out for a walk in the morning, because he knows it gets our attention. Can dogs reach a ‘terrible twos’ stage? Because I think ours has…)
6. Monday movie night with Jase. We ate pizza, popcorn, and watching Jerry Maguire. Too perfect.
7. Clearing the laundry basket. Mundane, but true.
8. Endless cups of tea. Especially the ones Jason makes for me in the evenings, because his really are the best.
9. Essie Watermelon nail polish. It’s been providing me with summer vibes all week long, even though the weather’s been so grey and miserable.
10. Taking a semi-rest day on Wednesday. I’d woken up sick, so took the day off work (well, kind of…) and spent most of the day camped out on the sofa with a blanket and glass after glass of water with fresh mint and ice. It was nice to have a slow, easy day, and even though I did still get work done, it was done at a much slower pace than normal. Also, three hours straight on Pinterest is never a bad thing ;)
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: the Minimalist Baker’s vegan + gluten free mint brownie ice-cream recipe (definitely going to try this soon, it looks amazing!) || Freya’s first few photos from Japan (so excited to see more!) || and Nicola’s (gorgeous!) photos from a delightful brunch of raspberry and ricotta pancakes!
What’s made you most happy this week? :)