It feels like forever since I wrote a happy list! It’s only been two weeks, but still. That’s a long time to go without making note of the lovely things in life, I think! And this past week has been such a happy one after all. It has been quite tough to get my head back into work mode this week actually, and I know Jason’s felt the same way. We both kind of want to pretend nothing else exists for a while (life, responsibilities, bills, you know the drill) and just gallivant and eat great food and be totally self-indulgent! Can we do that? Don’t answer. I know, we definitely can’t…
So, here’s a little list of what’s made me very happy indeed in the past week!
1. The sweet gifts my best friend (and bridesmaid, eek!) Jo brought round for us on Wednesday afternoon. Amongst other thoughtful presents, she’d spent ages typing out the complete conversation of text messages she and I had exchanged in the 48 hours after Jason proposed, so that I’ll have those joyful thoughts and feelings I was experiencing documented to keep forever. Isn’t that the sweetest? She’s one in a million, that friend of mine.
2. Being at home. I love love loved having trips away last week, but our bed is *so* comfortable and I never sleep quite so well anywhere else. Also, I kind of missed cooking whilst we were on holiday! Jason told me he missed my cooking too, which made my heart sing.
3. Brie, grapes, + oat cakes. I love brie. Nearly as much as I love camembert.
4. Spotting a huge deer bounding through the bluebell woods on Wednesday morning. Also, the bluebell woods themselves! They’re out in all their glory right now, and look spectacular. I’m going to head up to the woods again later on today to admire them some more.
5. Teddy being so sleepy after our weekend away that on Sunday night he fell asleep curled in the crook of my legs, with his head on my knee. He very rarely sleeps on our laps (even as a pup he usually preferred to sleep curled by our feet instead) and so it felt such a treat.
6. Sunshine! It’s been making me SO happy this week! Watching it sparkle on the pond especially.
7. Pinning wedding stuff on Pinterest. Reading wedding magazines. Nosing through my married friends’ wedding albums on Facebook…
8. This sausage and red onion hotpot recipe. It’s *so* delicious (especially served with little roasted new potatoes & carrot and feta mash).
9. The prospect of having my engagement ring resized and back to me mid-next week. It’s horrible not wearing it, but I’m so glad that the mini ‘oh my god my ring’s about to fall off’ panic attacks I’ve been every time my hands get cold are at an end!
10. Getting back to Pilates after two weeks off over Easter. I’ve missed it (and feeling that awesome post-workout ache that makes me feel like I’ve done my body some good).
Three posts I’ve loved reading this week :: Tania’s oh-so-French thoughts on the importance of bread || Jeska’s darling white table lamp (her house is a dream!) || and Kristen’s Four Favourites (That shirt! I love!)
Tell me, what’s made you happy this week? :)