Life lately, in verbs.

06.02

Cider-with-Rosie-blog

E A T I N G || brazil nuts and golden raisins by the handful, and broccoli & stilton soup (by the spoonful).

D R I N K I N G || fresh coffee, all day long.

R E A D I N G || Garance Doré. She’s my idol.

L O V I N G || listening to the rain fall at night.

W E A R I N G || my boyfriend jeans, even though they’re so baggy now I have to puff my tummy out whilst wearing them to keep them up.

P L A N N I N G || a trip to Richmond this weekend with Jason and Teddy, to get cupcakes from the new Hummingbird store and to go for a walk in Richmond park.

B A K I N G || meringues, served with softly whipped cream and Seville orange curd.

A N T I C I P A T I N G || going to see the Royal Ballet’s Giselle this evening! It’s my birthday gift from my best friend Jo, and I’m crazy excited! It’s been years since I last went to the ballet, and Giselle is one of my favourites. Also, we’re likely to head to Homeslice beforehand, which I’m pretty psyched about…

C R A V I N G || pizza. All the time pizza. I could eat it 24/7 at the moment.

L I S T E N I N G   T O || disk two of Bastille’s Bad Blood album. It’s even better than the first disk.

W O N D E R I N G || is it ‘disc’, or ‘disk’? I never know.

W A T C H I N G || The Taste (I love Kulpna, and Chloe, and my darling Nigella of course) and also Hugh FW’s Scandimania. It’s making me long to take a trip to Sweden this summer.

L E A R N I N G || that even if your shortcrust pastry looks like a dog’s dinner, you should persevere with it because it probably will work out okay in the end.

S E A R C H I N G   F O R || the perfect pair of denim dungaree shorts, to wear all summer long.

C O O K I N G || maple roast ham, and trying my hardest not to eat all the crackling in one go. (I failed.)

W I S H I N G   F O R || the rain to go away, please.

C H O O S I N G || paint colours to sample on our bedroom walls! We’re looking for the perfect pale grey, or cool-toned off-white.

T R Y I N G || to teach the dog not to bark every single time someone dares walk along the path outside our house. It’s not going too well.

How’s your week been, this far? Are you tired of the rain? And the train troubles? And traffic? But at least it’s no longer January, so there’s that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
18 Comments
Posted in LIFE LATELY

18 thoughts on “Life lately, in verbs.

1. Malgo

Hi Rosie, I like your snacking choices(what a weird thing to say, but it’s true!). my verb these days is STUDYING. my biggest exams are next Friday and I can’t wait to do something else apart from past paperss…anyway, enjoy Giselle!

2. Leah June

I’m with you on the pizza on the pizza cravings! I eat gluten free most of the time because of tummy issues but pizza is my achilles heel. It’s funny to hear you talk about rain and such as we are in the middle of summer here in New Zealand (having said that the weather has been decidedly poo for summertime).

3. Sophie

Absolutely loved reading your life in verbs! Recently my verb would be DECORATING… who knew painting was so time consuming?! Good luck with your own paint hunt :) x

4. Setarra

Hearing you say that you’re planning a trip to Richmond kind of threw me off because I live in Virginia and Richmond is 2 hours away from where I stay. So at first I thought, is she coming to America?! But thank goodness for google providing my a quick education on “Richmond in the UK” haha!

5. Lou

Such a lovely post. I had a lot of fun reading this. Your personality comes across so well in your writing Rosie xx

1. Rosie Post author

Ooooh those are super cute! Thanks so much for linking them for me!

6. Juliet

Hello, new follower here :) Love the blog! Gorgeous photos :)

Definitely tired of the rain…makes a 20 minute walk home feel like forever!

7. Stacie

Nope so not fed up of this rain at all yet, I love rain So much :D
    I’m still loving the Bastille as well listening to it none stop!

Love this post! :D
    Stacie xoxo

8. Thien

SOOO glad it’s not longer January! I love the pictures on your blog. :) I started following a few weeks ago and never left a comment.

9. Ibbs

So much love for your verbs :)
    I’ve had one of those weeks where spelling anything has totally failed me! So I’m on your wavelength with the disc/disk/diskh drama x

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *