Happy Friday! I hope you’ve had a lovely week! And that it’s not been too rainy. Jason’s company were able to move back into their office this week for the first time since it flooded over Christmas, and now the river’s rising so high again that it’s at risk of being flooded for a second time. And that means that our darling dog won’t be able to go to work with Jason for another few weeks, which makes my working life pretty difficult. (Because he’s a photobomber of the highest order, you know?) Le sigh. Did it rain on St.Swithins day or something this year? Have we been cursed? Have I talked too much about rain over the past couple of blog posts? Am I being melodramatic?
Anyway, here are a few of the things that’ve made me most happy this week! And it has been a nice one, despite how much I’ve been whinging!
1. Banning myself from looking at my phone whilst out walking with Teddy. I never used to do it at all, but just recently had found the habit creeping in. It’s terrible, because I’m almost surgically attached to my phone through the rest of the day, and so to be ignoring the beauty of the landscape around me whilst I walk is a disgrace. It’s been so nice this week so leave my phone in my pocket, lift my chin up, and breathe.
2. The ballet. It was magic. Proper post to follow, because how could I not?
3. Fresh bed linen. (And also the new fabric softener I bought, which smells amazing. But I can’t give that a point on it’s own because it’s too lame even for me, so I’m putting it in brackets so it kind of doesn’t count. But for the record, it does make me super happy. Got that?)
4. Burning my gardenia and cardamom candle. It scents the house so beautifully.
5. Making an effort to eat dinner at the dining table. It’s so nice to sit with Jason at the table at the end of the day, and eat our meal focusing on one another instead of the television.
6. Maldon flaky sea salt. I ran out this week and spent a couple of days using rock salt, and it made me appreciate the top-notch flaky stuff even more.
7. The face Teddy makes when I catch him with a forbidden item in his mouth. So shifty, so unsubtle.
8. The chewy bit in the centre of a meringue. Unbeatably delicious.
9. This clip of Bradley Cooper speaking French. You’re welcome.
10. Being in the city. Jason hates being in London with a passion, and I can’t for the life of me understand why. I’m so grateful that my job leads me to take trips in as least two or three times each month. I find it rejuvenating, in the way city-dwellers are rejuvenated by trips out to the countryside.
Three posts I’ve enjoyed reading this week: Rachael’s beautiful thoughts on motherhood // This incredible looking winter abundance bowl from My New Roots // and Sara’s post on a darling London tea room.
What’s made you happy this week? :)