See this? This is the face my dog pulls when I focus all my attention on photographing oranges, rather than on lavishing him with love. Isn’t it a heartbreaker? It’s the eyebrows that really get me. He looks like an advert for the RSPCA. That little stinker really knows how to throw a strop.
This week’s been a pretty good one, if a little rainy. (Can we be done with the rain now? I want it to go. Or turn into snow. Either would be fine.) I’m glad it’s Friday though. This weekend I’m taking my Mum out for a birthday surprise (a photogenic one, so expect photos! Mum- I know you’re reading this- there’s your first clue!). We also need to have a clean up of the house (laundry, dusting, you know the drill) and I plan on doing a little baking. Here’s a little list of what’s made me most happy, in this past week…
1. Seeing Jason more light hearted and joyful than I’ve ever seen him before. Some big burdens are being lifted off his shoulders right now, and it’s making my heart light to see him so happy.
2. The look on Teddy’s face when I caught him stealing biscuits from the big bag of dog food we keep under the stairs. He looked so faux-nonchalant, it made me laugh.
3. Buying in ingredients to bake sweet goods over the weekend. On the menu are Deb’s granola bars, and oatmeal and raisin cookies.
4. Watching a little robin sing his heart out on Monday morning, sitting on a branch above my car.
5. Seeing the crocus bulbs I planted up a couple of weeks ago begin to pop their heads up out of the soil.
6. The prospect of Facetiming with Tania this weekend, seeing Freya for vintage market-shopping and cake-eating later on in February, and going to the ballet with my best friend Jo next week!
7. A new (ginormous) jar of Nutella. Pure happiness. Jason said to me ‘Can I actually get a look in with this jar, please?’. We’ll see…
8. (Kind of) mastering the art of rough puff pastry. Next challenge: homemade shortcrust that doesn’t shrink as soon as I put it anywhere near the oven…
9. Wearing a floaty skirt and no tights out to dinner, and not being cold in the slightest. Mild (if rainy) Januarys have their merits.
10. This week’s dog-walk wildlife count. 4 deer, 2 woodpeckers, and 1 squirrel so rotund I’m surprised the branch he was running along didn’t snap under his weight.
Three (travel-themed) posts I’ve loved reading this week: Tania’s first collection of photos from Sydney // Malgo’s post about her favourite thing to do in Norway // and Freya’s first thoughts on India, and some beautiful misty photos.
What’s made *you* happy this week? :)