Hello! I hope you’ve all had a splendid week? It’s been pretty good here. Apart from that I ran out of petrol, again. But this time my car didn’t even have enough to get out of its parking space, which is a blessing when you think about it! I know I know. Fill it up more frequently. Stop playing fast and loose with the ‘Oh I’ve got 30 miles from when the light comes on’ theory. But anyway! The rest of this week has been a peach. I’ve caught up with friends (in person and via lengthy phone calls) eaten some pretty delicious food, and worked on some fun projects. Ted’s had a good one too! He’s convinced that the new rug (above) is a gift from me to him, and has been using it as a playmat since I brought it home. Two words: Pulls. Everywhere. Le sigh. Happy Friday everyone!
1. The almost-1 kilo bag of chocolate chips currently stashed in my baking cupboard. I’ve been eating teeny handfuls throughout the week in moments of need.
2. Wearing my glasses, because they’ve helped disguise what a crappy job I did trimming my fringe on Wednesday…
3. Making plans with my love for what we’d like the next few months to bring us. Whilst I was at university we put a lot of plans on hold, so it’s nice to be able to get the ball rolling now that we have so much more freedom.
4. Ticking silly little tasks off my to do list. Spring crocuses are planted, I’ve finally got round to buying a basket in which to store all of Teddy’s toys, and the hems I’ve been meaning to unpick on my denim shorts for the longest time have finally been let down.
5. Warm salads of wilted kale, chickpeas, and salami, dressed with homemade mustard and honey vinaigrette.
6. Reading The Kinfolk Table, and Reading My Tea Leaves. I just adore Erin’s blog, and Kinfolk is so inspiring.
7. Late night shopping with my Ma and sister. We bought new rugs on a whim, and new glass storage jars, and had honeycomb hot chocolates. Not bad for a rainy Monday evening.
8. Stealing an extra five minutes in bed in the mornings, before heading downstairs to let the pooch out into the garden to do his ‘business’. (p.s. Having to go outside into the cold less than ten minutes after waking up each morning is the only sucky thing about having a dog. Fact.)
9. The cup of tea that Jason makes me at about 9 o’clock each evening. It’s always the best tea I drink all day, even if it does make it hard to fall asleep afterwards.
10. Lunchtime. Every day. It makes me so happy.
Tell me, what’s made you happy this week? :)