*Image found via Pinterest, original source unknown.
1. The sound of heavy rain on the roof and windows. It’s been constant this week, and I’ve not minded a bit.
2. Wrapping gifts for sweet friends and family. I’ve built quite a stockpile of ribbon and paper over the past few Christmasses, so am having fun mixing and matching this year.
3. The feeling of cold, bracing wind on my face whilst out walking with Teddy. I like to stop and stand facing the wind with my eyes closed, and just concentrate on how lovely and rejuvenating it feels.
4. Time spent catching up with my number one lady. I don’t think there’s anything so wonderful as talking through your worries and concerns and joys and successes with your best friend in all the world.
5. Finding Ben & Jerry’s peanut butter cup ice cream for half price in the supermarket, and bringing it home to have as a late-night treat with Jason. We ate a little last night, and oh maaaan. It’s good stuff.
6. Watching Miss Congeniality, and hearing Jason laugh along with it even though he moaned when I put it on.
7. A fruit bowl stocked full of huge, vivid green apples, and lots of teeny clementines.
8. Sliced avocados with warm lentil salad, and spelt crackers dipped in hummus. Yum.
9. The sound of Jason’s key in the front door, when it feels he’s been out of the house for about a million hours. Mostly because I’m excited to see him, but also because we don’t eat dinner until he gets home, so…
10. A shaft of moonlight coming in through a crack in our bedroom curtains last night.
What’s made you happy this week? :) And what do you have planned for the weekend? I’m going to catch up with my sis tomorrow (she’s turning 15, yikes!) and will be baking her a little cake in the morning. Then on Sunday we’re off to Guildford to eat our way through my birthday! Hooray for weekends! And birthdays! And cake!
Happy Friday, everyone!