1. Watching a sweet old man leaning over his balcony, having a chat with his neighbour in the flat below his. He just looked so joyful and cheery, it made my heart sing :)
2. Porridge with a dash of cocoa powder and some sliced clementine segments. Because it tastes indulgent, but isn’t in the slightest.
3. Watching Teddy bounding up ahead of me into the woods, doing bunny hops into piles of leaves.
4. Buying apples that have little leaves still attached to the stalks. (Makes me stupidly happy, and always has done.)
5. Curling up on the sofa with my laptop and a hot water bottle, after a long dog walk in the freezing wind.
6. The prospect of this weekend being a CHRISTMAS TREE weekend! I’m so excited to get all festive and sparkly and jolly, I could burst!
7. Putting away my phone. Some days I drive myself nuts constantly working-tweeting-reading-updating, and so am trying hard to put my phone down and just walk away every once in a while. I have a feeling it’s going to do me a world of good…
8. The man who knows just what to say to help me understand why I’m in a funny mood. Which I have been all this week, but am feeling better now thanks to him.
9. Trying to remember to be courteous at all times. I mean, I always say my ‘pleases’ and ‘thank yous’ and ‘good mornings!’, but I’ve been trying hard to be courteous and well mannered even when a shop assistant is taking a hundred years to put through three items, or when the car in front of me doesn’t indicate, or when the lady in the Post Office *still* won’t crack a smile. It’s been making me feel happier to be less rushed and blunt, and more kind and patient instead.
10. Sitting on the stairs whilst Jason gets his bags together for work in the morning, admiring how handsome and sharp he looks in his jacket and shirt and shoes. He sets my heart a-flutter. (Especially on the days when he hasn’t had time to trim his beard.)
What’s made you happy this week? :)