Image via Near the Lighthouse
1. Having an entire afternoon conversation about puppies with Tania & Freya, via our forever-full-of-nonsense Whatsapp thread. Those two girls know what’s up.
2. The December copy of the Waitrose magazine lying waiting to be read on my bedside table. That makes me pretty happy indeed, especially when there’s a chocolate honeycomb recipe photographed on the cover just calling my name…
3. Buying Ted a new lovie and new bed, and seeing him all snuggly and chuffed with his new set-up. Makes my heart happy :)
4. The tai-chi sequence my Pilates instructor took us through on Tuesday night. It was beautiful, and made the briefest of ‘wait, why don’t I take ballet classes anymore?’ thoughts come fluttering through my mind.
5. Picking up my lovely skirts from the tailor. Made me feel like the kind of woman who might wear driving gloves, and talk of ‘putting on a lip’ instead of just wearing lipstick. I want to be that kind of woman more often.
6. A hearty dinner of baked sweet potatoes, with puy lentils, bacon and kale dressed with balsamic & olive oil.
7. Brilliant sunsets and colourful skies.
8. Seeing a deer come bounding across the path up ahead of us whilst out walking on Monday.
9. Wearing two pairs of socks at once. It’s the best. (p.s. At the time of writing, I’m only wearing slippers, and am woefully chilly. I’m going to make Jason hold my feet to warm them up. He’s a lucky man!)
10. Being in Waitrose. Ocado’s great & all, but I’ve missed having a happy wander round Waitrose Uhh…is that lame? I don’t even care if it is, because that shop is my no.1 happy place and (as a great Elf once said) I’M IN LOVE I’M IN LOVE AND I DON’T CARE WHO KNOWS IT! ;)
So, what’s made you happy this week?