1. Stealing quick, midday phonecall catch ups with my best friend. They make me feel like we’re 15 again, when we would chat for hours on the phone each night after school :)
2. Homemade tzatziki. So delicious, and waaaaay easier to make than I expected!
3. Getting three meals out of one roast chicken. Because who doesn’t love a little thriftiness, hey?
4. A long walk round Virginia Water lake with my Aunt, followed by hot chocolates and coffee at the swish new cafe. It’s what chilly, rainy October mornings were made for.
5. Catching up with Jason’s sister and niece & nephew in Canada via Facetime, and counting down the weeks until they arrive back in England for Christmas.
6. Watching flurries of multicoloured leaves falling whilst out walking with Teddy.
7. The eternal energy of that little dog of ours, who can walk 4 and a half miles round a lake and still have enough beans to tear around chasing crows, and keenly potter along after a gardener mowing the lawns. He makes my heart hurt with love :)
8. Working at the little table in the corner of our living room. I’ve set myself up a little workspace, complete with candle, dried flowers, and an almost constantly present cup of tea. Turns out that sitting at a desk, instead of being semi-horizontal on the sofa with a laptop my stomach, is a way more productive way of working. I know. Who on *earth* would’ve thought it?! ;)
9. Pilates classes! Both Jason and I are really starting to notice a difference in our bodies now after each class. We feel stronger, and more flexible, and Jason hasn’t asked me for a back massage in a good couple of weeks! And that, my friends, is worth every penny spent on classes! ;)
10. Performing Adele songs to the living room at large, as an antidote to a mid-afternoon slump. Try it!
What do you all have planned for the weekend, my sweet readers? Tomorrow I’m hoping to catch up with my Mum for a coffee and a spot of candle-buying, whilst Jason takes Ted for a training class. Then on Sunday, Jason has a little surprise birthday treat booked in (he won’t read this, but I won’t say just in case!), and I’m going to have my hair cut! Fringe (and resultant forehead spots) here I come! ;)