^^Photo of a batch of the most Christmassy-scented cookies imaginable, that I cooked up late last week. Recipe to follow…^^
Can you believe it’s September already? I feels so strange to think that this is the first time in my life that September hasn’t been the start of a new academic year. I’m excited for the month ahead though, even if it isn’t technically as much of a new beginning in the way it has been before. Here’s a little list of things I’m looking forward to, in the month ahead…
- Going out to Italy for my cousin Emily’s wedding! In less than three weeks now we’ll be heading over to Sorrento, and enjoying a few days of Meditteranean sunshine and as much gelato as I can possibly consume in the four days we’re there. I’m excited! We had one last practice of Emily’s wedding hair over the weekend (eeeek!) and it was an emotional affair. I think it’s time to invest in a good waterproof mascara…
- Taking Teddy out for early morning walks in the crisp air.
- Baking gingerbread cake. I’ve had the biggest craving for gingerbread cake recently, all dark and treacly with a super gooey top. Imagine how good it would be with some cream cheese topping, spiked with orange zest?
- Getting to meet Freya and Tania, a couple of my favourite blogging ladies, for the first time! We’re heading out for drinks in London on the 3rd with a few other bloggers, and I cannot wait!
- Having an excuse to wear those fleece-lined tights from Primark. They’re the cosiest things going, and I love them.
- Sleeping with the window open at night, and feeling cosy and chilly all at the same time. That’s my favourite favourite feeling.
- Watching the leaves turn, and begin to gather on the pavements and roads.
- Cooking up a batch of our favourite chutney. Remember last year’s? :) We only just finished our last jar!
- Eating pies, and winter salads (I love fig and liver, SO delicious!) and hearty vegetable soup. And wearing layers and cardigans, and maybe even my favourite coats and jackets later on in the month!
- Rewatching Kirstie’s Homemade Christmas and Jamie’s Christmas specials for the millionth time. I do try to make myself wait until October or November to watch them, but I always fail. They’re just too happy-making!
What’re you looking forward to in September?
p.s. Remember this to-do list post? Well, the edamame salad, ombre nails, and that braided hairstyles were all great! Just wanted you to know that I actually *am* ticking stuff off my endless to-do lists, you know? ;)