but these cupcakes? frosting or no frosting, they’re stand-alone amazing.
1. finishing my 8000word essay! did i mention i’ve been writing an 8000 word essay already? ;) i can’t help going on about it, because it’s undoubtedly the biggest feat i’ve achieved at university to date! i kind of don’t care what mark it gets now (although a solid upper second would be just delightful) because i’m just so proud to have got it finished!
2. finding a sweet new pair of skinny jeans on sale in gap the other day. and now i’m officially on a trouser-buying ban, because i’ve bought four new pairs in the past month. someone stop me…
3. watching teddy paddle his way round the pond on wednesday afternoon. jason gave me strict instructions not to let him go swimming in the pond earlier in the week(we’ve got super grumpy neighbours and jase likes to keep the peace) but when teddy hopped in i couldn’t stop laughing long enough to call him back out! i especially enjoyed watching him scramble out at top speed when he got spooked by one of the koi carp :)
4. limes! i’ve been obsessed with lime recently, i just can’t get enough. i’m planning on having a baking day tomorrow to celebrate having finished writing my essay, so maybe i should give this lime cake another whirl?
5. looking at cocker and springer spaniel puppies online. whilst jason and i have got our hands full with ted right now, we’re both dreaming of expanding our little pack one day :)
6. burning my grapefruit and lime candle. see, i did say i was obsessed with lime!
7. eating my way through all that cheese i bought last week. it’s been pretty great, i can’t tell a lie!
8. finally getting round to watching the tudors! it’s not a patch on our beloved homeland, but we’ve been enjoying watching an episode or two each night to help us switch off.
9. yesterday’s erratic weather. one minute warm sunshine, then galeforce wind, then torrential downpours of rain! i quite like how crazy spring is.
10. blogging. i’ve not had much chance to blog this week because essay writing all day long drains my head completely, and so by the time i sit down in the evening to write a post, i’m clean out of words. but having to take a little step back from the blog for the past few days has made me realise quite how much i love documenting our day-to-day happenings on this little blog of mine :)