- to try to speak more gently, both in tone and words. sometimes i’m guilty of speaking in haste and not tempering myself, and i so want to change. i think this will be my biggest personal challenge, but will make our home a nicer place.
- to set aside fifty pounds each month to go into a rainy day fund :)
- to include three non-meat meals per week in my meal plan. i’m excited to try out some vegetarian recipes, so if any of my readers are vegetarian and know of some brilliant ones please do send them my way! :)
- to comment on blogs more regularly. i so love receiving comments here, and am determined to find time to return the favour!
- to begin donating each month to an animal charity. we debated long and hard when considering getting a dog about whether or not to rescue one from a local shelter. eventually, we decided for a number of reasons to go for a pup that we could train up exactly how we wanted, but i feel guilty sometimes knowing that we could have given one of the thousands of unwanted dogs in england a home. i hope that donating each month will do some good, and make a dog’s life a little happier whilst they wait to be given a new home.
- to let jason pick out more films for us to watch! i tend to sniff at his choices but they always turn out to be fantastic, so i’m going to try to be more open minded in the coming year! that said, i might need to add ‘work on my concentration so i don’t get bored and wander off halfway through 99% of the films we watch’ to my list of new year’s resolution?…;)
- and finally, my last resolution is to wear more yellow! i’m not sure yet if i’ll look dreadful in it, but since you can’t help but be happy in yellow i’m determined to try!
what are your new year’s resolutions my lovelies? :)