confession: i hate prawns. jason adores them, so i cook them for him. i think this earns me girlfriend points, right?
since this was his favourite dish from last week, and a few of you said ‘that looks yum!’ i thought i’d share the recipe :) i haven’t given weights for the ingredients because in the case of recipes like this, i think it’s easiest to just judge quantities by eye and scale them up or down depending on how many people you’re feeding :)
prawns- i had some uncooked tiger prawns in the freezer and so used those, but any would do :)
frozen petit pois
1. bring a large pan of well salted water to the boil, and put in your linguine in to cook.
2. heat some garlic oil in a frying pan, and then add in your prawns. don’t worry about defrosting frozen ones, i cooked mine straight from the freezer and they were just fine :) cook them gently until they’ve turned just pink throughout, or until warmed through if precooked.
3. add in some cooked petit pois, and a couple of heaped tablespoons of creme fraiche. when the creme fraiche has melted and started to bubble, throw in some grated parmesan and heat until it’s melted.
4. let the sauce bubble away gently (you don’t want to over cook the prawns) until it’s thickened to your likeness, then taste and add seasoning as required.
5. drain the cooked linguine, then add to the pan with the sauce and toss to combine :) you might need to reserve a little of the pasta cooking water and add it in to help the linguine and sauce combine.
6. then all you need to do it serve into pasta bowls, and finish with a little lemon juice and (if you’re like jason) an obscene amount of black pepper!
this recipe can be adapted about a million different ways- my favourite is to make it with bacon and leeks instead of peas and prawns, and finish with an extra sprinkling of parmesan at the end instead of lemon juice. yum!