image: found via pinterest
…whoever came up with that saying can’t ever have met apples as fancy as these!
last week, i ate a toffee apple for the first time since i was knee high to a grasshopper and you know what? it was about five million times better than i remember! a childhood treat turning out more amazing than a nostalgic memory of it…? that must be rarer than blue moons and flying pigs!
i’d like to try and make my own in the next week or so, but can’t quite find the perfect recipe. this one looks pretty nice, but i’d love to hear if anybody has one they can recommend? i’m looking for the sort of toffee that’s dark and sweet, shatters into a thousand pieces when you bite it, and is just on the right side of ‘this toffee’s so thick my teeth might end up stuck in it’!
are you a fan of the humble toffee apple? do you have a recipe you can recommend? :)
- i just can’t get enough of this photo of my little family :) those two boys make my heart melt.
- teddy seems to be getting cuter by the day at the moment- he has a sweet little habit of popping into the living room several times during his dinner time, just to check that jase and i haven’t fallen off the face of the earth since he started eating his biscuits ;) the poor little man had to go through the ordeal of a bath on sunday morning (his least favourite activity, followed closely by time spent in the car) then promptly went and rolled in something nasty in the afternoon! dogs, eh?
- jason and i took a trip over to guildford on saturday, and it felt so lovely and festive to be pottering around with hot chocolates in hand, admiring the first of the christmas lights :) what is it about cobbled streets that feels so extra special? seeing so many christmas shoppers made start to panic about gift buying though, and so i’ve determined to get super organised this week and to start planning what my nearest and dearest will find under the tree from me this year!
- after asking what my fellow lifestyle bloggers thought of the idea on sunday night’s twitter chat, i’ve decided to begin a new ‘meals of the week’ type blog series! i’m super excited to begin working on it, but know jason will be less than enthused about a blog project that involves me taking photographs of food that he’s impatient to eat ;)
- i am so enjoying taking teddy out for walks during this chilly weather! having to incorporate a walk into my daily routine is allowing me to appreciate autumn this year better than i ever have before. our new little family ritual of getting wrapped up in a million layers, trudging through fallen leaves, then returning home for hot chocolate is food for the soul, and i’m absolutely loving it :)
- this weekend i was listening to: magic fm (does that radio station ever play anything other than song by wham?) watching: nothing. every single time i sat down in front of the television i fell sound asleep! it’s a must at this time of year though, right? eating: a pub lunch of steak and ale pie. so delicious! looking forward to: my shopping trip to westfields with my ma and sister next weekend! it’ll be my first proper shopping trip for months, and i cannot wait!
1/2: teddy’s first teething ring, and a kiss from the little man himself!
3/4: a moonlight walk, and our foggy pond
5/6: lunchtime stroll, and a hearty bowl of linguine afterwards
7/8: my baby ‘munchkin’, and the loveliest lip balm
9/10: chancing new shoes amongst the autumn leaves, and a dreary day’s weather :)