1. this entire week’s been such a good’un, so much so that i’ve been looking forward to writing this post and recounting all its loveliness!
2. looking forward to celebrating three wonderful years with jason during the next week :) we’re off to potter round hampton court palace this weekend (it’s a bit nerdy, and we love it!) and then going out for posh burgers on our actual anniversary next friday. just lovely :)
3. finally discovering a dark chocolate that i like: lindt 70% with sea salt. now i can be like those fancy ladies who say ‘oh yes, i just love dark chocolate!’
4. jason cooking us delicious pork meatballs and spaghetti on wednesday night. i do love to cook so much, but sometimes a night off is a welcome treat!
5. babysitting on wednesday afternoon made me extra happy- who could fail to be cheered by playing in the sunshine for five and a half hours? my little charge and i met all sorts of lovely animals- a wiggly yorkshire terrier/poodle cross puppy, some shetland ponies who are older than me, a duck with a red face, several pretty butterflies and a teeny tiny frog that we held in our hands. it was the loveliest way to spend an afternoon.
6. the smell of freshly cut grass.
7. the first cup of proper tea after a long day at work.
8. jason’s silly suggestions for what should be on my ‘happy list’ for the week. all of them were so rude and totally inappropriate, but my ‘i’m not amused’ serious writing face lasted for all of about three seconds!
9. cheering on the all marvellous british sportsmen and women at the olympics this week. i’m loving it all so much, i don’t want it to end! we also cheered on usain bolt, because you can’t help but like him can you?
10. reaching a little blog milestone of 100 posts, gaining lovely new followers and receiving such kind and thoughtful comments. it’s been a lovely old ‘blogging’ week for me, and i’ve been grinning an awful lot :)